Saturday, January 05, 2019

Congrats! - you deserve to be celebrated

Saturday January 5, 2019
 
Hello and welcome to my blog..  I created a card for my Daughter in law who graduated from nursing school on Dec. 15, 2018..
We were gifted two tickets to fly from WA. to Las Vegas to watch her graduate.. What an awesome rewarding time. I feel so proud of her for toughing it out for 3 plus years and still being a mom to 6 children..(and having two high risk pregnancy during schooling) Our grand children.. We were there for a week so got to hang with the grandkids and son.. Fun exciting time.. (but the kids had the flu and guess who got it.. yup me.. 5 days of feeling like crap.. glad it was a laid back vacation.. we never go to the strip we just visit family. I ended up losing 6 lbs.. but gained 4 back since we've been home..)
For this card I used Tech. Tues. image and colored with copics. I went over the centers with a white gel pen and silver pen. I added the Pretty Pink Posh die and My favorite things embossed sentiment. I added a bling to the end of the exclamation point. I went over the die cut with Wink of Stella and layered on Stampin up card stock.
 
 
Challenges:
Cute card Thursday #563 - anything goes
As you like it - anything goes
A bit more time to craft #83 - anything goes
QKR stampede #329 - anything goes
Crazy 4 challenge #464 - birthday (even though this is graduation)

10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Sounds like you had a great time despite the flu and congrats to your DIL.Love the beautifully coloured image
Carol x

Trina P. said...

Too bad about the flu, but what a wonderful getaway. I love Vegas. Your card is beautiful with gorgeous colouring. Congrats to your DIL. Well deserved is right! xx

GerJanne said...

Wow, she is amazing!! I can imagine you are very proud of your daughter in law! The card is a beauty!

Lisa Lynn said...

Billie, this is gorgeous!!! Congrats to your DIL ad we need more nurses. I can't imagine going to nursing school with having 6 children...I did it before getting married and that was rough enough, lol. She needs to be a nurse to take care of that herd. So sorry that you got sick and suffered the wrath of illness. Hopefully 2019 will be better.

Agulek said...

Beautiful card:) Your daugthee in law is a wonderful person:)
Best greetings to all your family:)

thecraftycavalier said...

Well done to your daughter in law - that's fantastic. Great card, I'm sure she loved it. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It, Jayne x

Sharon said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for playing along with us at CCT. x

Lisa said...

Congrats to your daughter in law!! What an accomplishment!! I hope you are feeling much better. The card is absolutely stunning!! I love the pretty flowers and the design!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherri said...

Gorgeous card & perfect for a congrats card! LOVE the flowers! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, what a lovely card, Billie. Beautiful image and colouring. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma