Monday, April 27, 2015

Monika and Billie Week 9 - Background and or no designer paper / May your birthday

Monday April 27, 2015
 
We are on Week 9 of our challenge between Monika at Creative with Monika and me to create a background and or no designer paper challenge.
This will be our last challenge between me and Monika till after the summer time. It's just a busy time between us and will give us time to recharge.  BUT ,,, I will keep posting new cards using my scraps or seldom used stamps and put them on days that I don't have a card to post from a design team.  
We were both inspired by Jennifer McGuire and her off set stencil projects. You can see all of her great creations on Jennifer McGuire Ink  I love her ideas and she really inspires me.
 

This is my card.. I have very few stencils and I really didn't want to buy any at this time.. BUT I do have some die plates so I took my old standby X-ray film and cut out my own stencil using a PTI die plate.  Then I did like Jennifer McGuire .. I took pink card stock and laid the stencil over it and using white embossing ink and a sponge finger dauber I filled in all the open areas. I did let it set for a couple of days to dry because I was doing other projects.. Then I came back and laid the stencil back over the card stock but off set it just a smidge and then took marvelous magenta by stampin up and went over those same open areas again on the stencil and this is what I got.. COOL HUH??? I LOVE IT.  I then let it dry for a few more days and finished it yesterday.. I took white card base, layered black and then the technique piece. I love black and pinks.. I stamped the sentiment by PTI and added some black behind it and some black enamel dots and called it done. I did try the floss behind  the sentiment but really did not like it on this one.. maybe next time, but for now I thought it was cool just the way it was. I will for sure do this again.
 
I hope you head over to Monika's blog at Creative with Monika and see her creation and give her some love. 
 

Challenges:
Creative inspirations #310 - atg /opt. sketch
Crafts 4 eternity #223 - atg
Fun with shapes and more #181 - stamp technique
Sister act #103 - atg
Brown sugar #143 - atg
Blogger / splendiferous creations - stencil it
Addicted to CAS #62 - atg
A*muse studio - atg
Simon Monday - atg

recipe: white, pink, black su card stock, white embossing, marvelous magenta su inks, pti sentiment and die plate for stencil, enamel dots




8 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Pink then white then magenta wooow Billie....you are clever at combine those colors..and lovely sentiment too...this is a winner card for my eyes...lovely peek of black too..great BG all of our challenge from 1-9 now I will see more BG you made on your post...happy monday Billie..I feel sick and my son cough so much..we go to doctor now...Hugs..Monika

bonnie32002 said...

OK, now I want stencils. So thanks for that ;-)

Kylie said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Love the sentiment on the last card. Our challenge at ATCAS is Black, White and Gold so unfortunately your card does not fit our challenge this week. I do hope you will play again! xx

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining in with the anything goes challenge over at Creative Inspirations this week.
CraftyNatalie {DT}

Gea said...

Its a nice card. Thank you for joining BSC

michele said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week! Fabulous card :) hugs x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the backgrounds the colors are so striking and lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how great is this! i love your cards and the technique is so great!
Thanks for joining us at fwsam.

Hugs ivi