Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Inspiration Destination #30 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES / Life is a journey

Wednesday April 22, 2015
 
 

 

I chose to use Gigi for my card. I made the background first. Water color paper and an overall stamp from SU -cross hatch and clear embossed the image. Then I started adding H2O paints till I got the effect I wanted. Let it dry while I colored up the image. I know she is in a sailor outfit but I wanted to pull the colors from the background and make it a nice colorful card. I did not have paper the color I wanted for the sentiment so used copics and colored the white paper then stamped the sentiment from Simon Says.  I rounded the corner of the image and some viva pearls to the journey sentiment.
I hope you head over to Inspiration Destination and play along. 
 

Challenges:
Lil patch of crafty friends #8 - atg
Craft your passion #258 - atg
Use your stuff #180 - atg
Papertake weekly - cute as a button
Shopping our stash #198 - texture me (old zing white emb. powder - its so old its cream color now ..lol)
Word art Wednesday #180 - atg

recipe: gigi / rsd, ss sentiment, su base, water color paper, h2o, viva pearl pen, clear embossing powder, copics, wink of stella on the balloon, corner chomper




6 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Very well done! The imaage is beautifully colored and the overall project composition is spot on! Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Monika Reeck said...

looks like a brick the BG
sooooo in love with your own BG
you are clever Billie...I love that we did the challenge and now you are one class above me your BG is totally adorable and guarantee it will be a winner card again...tell me if I am wrong
lovely and cute girl card..

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful bright colors! This one makes me happy! Glad you could join us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends this week! Hope to see you again soon!
Dee - Lil' Patch Design Team

Donna said...

Super cute card! Thanks for joining the shopping our stash crew for our "Texture Me" challenge!!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! I love the background you created! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
~ Bonnie (DT)

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh what a gorgeous watercolor background--i love the way you've blended a whole rainbow of colors! that zing powder still looks pretty good to me, too, lol! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (texture me!) STASH with us this week! :)