Monday, April 20, 2015

Billie and Monika Week 8 / background and or no designer paper challenge between ourselves / Takea moment to

Monday April 20, 2015
 
Well we are on Week 8 of the Billie and Monika background and or no designer paper challenge between ourselves.
 
Monika from Creative with Monika and I are doing a different background and or no designer each Monday and without die cuts.
 
This week it was my choice and I saw this awesome card by Julie Campbell  awhile back and drooled.. I loved it and said ok this will be our next challenge for us to try.  You can see Julie's card at the link above.  
Thanks Julie Campbell for the inspiration. 
 

This is my card. I used Kuretake paints and just added colors till I got the effect I wanted. I wanted mine to be a little darker.. ok a lot darker.. I then added some splatters.  I then took out my Paper trey ink retro vol. 3 that I used last week for the diamonds and used some of the other borders in the set to get the design on all of the papers. I used ranger inks to cover white paper and then black ink to stamp the designs. I cut the green, but I did punch the circle.. I tried to cut one but it was not going to be round no matter what I tried. I used the Paper trey ink sentiment Harvest berries.  The little hearts are from Simon Says stamp set.  The stitching is faux.. I took my hole punch and just pierced the paper and then took a blue pen and ran it from hole to hole to give a thread stitch look. I am very pleased with the way it came out and I really am excited to be using stamps and making my own designer papers and backgrounds.
I hope you head over to Monika's blog and see her card and leave her some love.



Challenges:
Word art Wednesday #179 - atg
Simon Wednesday - make your own background
Sister act #102 - atg
Creative fingers #76 - atg
Stamp sun #139 - atg
Allsorts #307 - quick and simple does it
Suzy bees bloomin #76 - atg /twist die and or punch
Lil patch of crafty friends #8 - atg
Craft your passion #258 - atg
Incy wincy - faux tech (the teal paper has hole piercing for sewing look)
Use your stuff #180 - atg

recipe: case Julie Campbell card, kuretake paints, pti harvest berries, retro vol. 3 borders, hearts ss, ranger inks, piercing tool, blue pen, card base is kraft





14 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Totally different color you have choosen
clever!!!!
love your faux stitching I was thinking hmm did Billie really stitching her card...and read your words and I knew now hehehe..
lovely green element and that circle is cute..add the hearts also made all perfect..love the sentiment too..Billie as you were gone to retrett I made two post on my Blog..hope you have time to visiting them too my friend..always love to get your comment...and waiting still hehe
hugs, Monika

Monika Reeck said...

oppsss you already wrote on my Male Old Car card I am sorry...i am getting old and forget full many thinsg :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh My Gosh...great great card! I saww another card just today, but don't remember where that is similar to yours and loved it too and want to try. So different for a change. This is an AWESOME CARD!!!!

Judy McKay said...

Love your colour scheme and the interesting background that you have created for your card. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
Judy DT

Suze said...

Love the faux stitching and the vibrant colours. Thanks for joining in the Faux Techniques challenge at Incy Wincy Designs this week.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card love the faux stitching. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
Rose DT x

Unknown said...

I love your card! The bright colors are awesome!
Thanks for joining us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends!
Hugs
Sandra (DT)

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Hazel said...

Love the bright colours. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 76 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Caryn said...

Ooh I love the inky background - such a cool mix of colours.
Thanks so much for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

susiestacey said...

Lovely inky card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Quick & Easy' challenge and good luck x Susan x

lulu' creazioni artistiche said...

Lovely Card
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Wow...such a lovely creation Billie. Love the colours and the techniques you used.

Thanks for playing along with us this week at CYP. Good luck.

(Hugs)

Lynn, CYP DT

Shirl said...

Gorgeous colour... love your background. Thanks for playing along with us over at UYS - DT Shirl