Monday, August 02, 2021

till we meet again Russell

Monday August 2, 2021

My daughter has 5 dogs. (she's had dogs all her life..) They are a big part of her life. She had to say goodbye to one of them on the 19th of July. It is always so hard to do but you know it's best for them. It's just so hard for us that are still here an miss them so much. Russell had a lot of health issues over the years but he was a trooper and kept holding on. He loved chasing the tennis ball.  I created this card for her.  Russell's color is black and white I used copics. I used my ground and cloud template and Ranger ink. I added the Simon Says rainbow using Simon Says ink. I added the paw prints from Paper Trey Ink with Memento ink and the SS hearts with Stampin up ink. The fence is a Taylored Expressions die with scrap paper. The dog is a Lawn Fawn image and die. 

The sentiment inside is from Paper Trey Ink. The paw prints represent my three dogs and I used Quick Quote ink and added their names. I always include them on every card I send out..  We haven't signed it yet.. Wanted to keep it personal.

`

 Challenges:
My time to craft #462 - no pattern paper
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
Little red wagon #612 - Bette Davis eyes (any eyes)
Krafty chicks #570 - anything goes
As you like it - favorite pet and why (dogs. they have to be hair dogs as I am allergic to fur. We have three little doggies we rescued at different times. The bring such pleasure, so cute, fun to have them sit next to you and always enjoy when you come home. I love the warmth they add to the home. their stamped paw prints are our babies signing the letter to my daughter.)
Crafty animals #53 - anything goes animals
Crafting happiness #107 - anything goes



3 comments:

Donna Walls said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of Russell. This card is a lovely tribute to him. Thanks for joining the challenge at The Krafty Chicks! Donna, GDT

Kate said...

I’m so sorry to read about poor Russell. Even when it’s best, saying goodbye is heartbreaking. What a lovely card to share your sympathy.

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Nance said...

Oh what a sweet card for such a hard occasion. So sorry for your daughter's loss of her fur baby. It is always so hard. Glad you shared it with us at Krafty Chicks this week.