Friday, November 20, 2020

Every time you smile - Alphabet Challenge theme

Friday November 20, 2020

Today's my birthday.. I know I have a few cards posting today so I am letting everybody know.. lol
I am a baby boomer so you can kinda guess my age.. Let's just say I am ripe..  lol

Today we have a new challenge over at Alphabet Challenge Blog 
and I am the host
so I got the lucky letter  "Q"
So let's see cards with a "QUOTE"  
it can be focal point as I did or with an image just as long as it's a quote.

For my card I used a piece of  Alcohol ink backgrounds I did quite awhile ago.. I did quite a few, so I picked one I really liked.  I then used white card stock and Paper Trey Ink overall die and added this over the background. I found a nice piece of cardstock in the teal color and heat embossed the Verses Rubber stamp. I used PTI die to cut this out. I like that it kinda matched the background die. I added with foam dots. I finished with some Pretty Pink Posh jewels. 


 Challenges:
Paper craft #64 - create background
Lemon shortbread #133 - anything goes
Fab 'n' funky #503 - hand stamped / or die cut
Little red wagon #576 - say it loud
The sisterhood - embossing
Time out #175 - quick

12 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful sentiment set against a gorgeous background,the words in the sentiment are so true

Aunty Sue said...

Loving the background have a good week

Cazro said...

Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Billie, Happy birthday to you. (melodidc tune) I adore your quote, it is beautiful. Caz xx (fellow DT member at Alphabet Challenges. x

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

I love everything about this card. That background has a big wow factor, the white die layered on top for a dramatic showcase that pops the coloured sentiment piece. And it’s a great quote from a great lady. Just awesome!

Pat K said...

Happy Birthday Billie. Beautiful card with a wonderful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Pat K xx

Darlene said...

WOW this is awesome Billie! Happy Belated Birthday! The background is gorgeous! Hope you had a FABULOUS day! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Vickie Y said...

Love the colorful background. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

Doris P. said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday, Billie! I hope you had a fantastic day!

Your card is lovely! The die cut works so wonderfully behind the fabulous Mother Teresa quote.

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love the alcohol ink background with that cover plate! Great words!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a beautiful background and a beautiful quote. Thanks for sharing at Time Out.