Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Herd you had a birthday - Inspiration Destination #136

Wednesday October 18-31, 2017
 
Welcome to another two week challenge at
 Inspiration Destination #136
We have a different theme this challenge ---
 EASEL cards
U-Tube has some great videos.. what's where I went cause it's been awhile since I've made one.. Have fun
 


For my card I used mostly My Favorite Things images. I did use Mama Elephant bird.. the one I colored blue. 

It was fun creating this cute scene. I started with the background and Ranger inks and did some color layering to get the ground, grass and sky. I didn't want the sky all one color so I have some lighter areas so it looks like clouds way up in the sky.  I black heat embossed the images and then colored with Zig markers.. I am really liking working with them and the blending is so easy and fun.  I then wanted to figure out the inside of the card so I found some shiplap... LOL and added it to the inside. I stamped the sentiment of a separate piece of the wood grain and used foam tape to adhere it..that way it gave the front panel something to hold it up. I then laid out the front of the card and some images are on foam some are just adhered straight down to the base. The left over pieces I added to the inside.  This is so cute and funny.



Showing the card open and the front animal piece is stopped and held open by the sentiment piece.

 
This is a better view of the sentiment area

Challenges:
Addicted to stamps #155 - flowers
A bit more time to craft #54 - anything goes
Use your stuff #284 - pumpkin spice/orange
Creatalicious #125 - anything goes/opt. Halloween
Artistic inspirations #188 - anything goes

7 comments:

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

I love this cute easelcard. The cute animals, the background, the flowers, everything is going so well together. Just lovely...
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

missgailly said...

How stinkin’ cute is this! Love these animal. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Jackie C said...

Love it! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie CT member. Hugs xx

coldwaters2 said...

What a lovely fun creation the animals are fabulous i love how you have created the scene, thank you for joining our challenge at ADDICTED TO STAMPS i hope you will join us again
hugs
lorraine x

Lori said...

Oh my word - this card is the cutest! I love every single thing about it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff! -Lori DT

Monika Reeck said...

so sweeet your easel card Billie
and love the scene you made
the inside is oh tooo cuutee
love love your scene easel card
hugs
Monika

Elizabeth Hart said...

So cute - love the inside!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)