Thursday, June 29, 2017

With Sympathy

Thursday June 29, 2017
 
 Well hope you've been enjoying your summer. It has been nice. I am so glad being retired that I get to enjoy the sun instead of looking out a work window and wishing.. Or just enjoying an hour in the card driving home.
 
I had a request for a sympathy card so I put my thinking cap on and this is what I created.  I used some Simon Says flowers and leaves from various sets. I used Paper Trey Ink sentiment. When I stamped the images I used Memento grey ink. I didn't want a stark black.. I think the grey work.. what do you think?? I colored the images with copics then went in with Prisma colored pencils and white gel pen and completed the images. I added some Nuvo drops to the background. I love the way the flowers came out.. I have been using more and more colored pencils with copics and I think getting better and better.
 
Challenges:
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
The house that stamps built #J2817 - anything goes
Paper play sketches - color challenge
Word art Wednesday wk. 288-289 - anything goes
Cute card Thursday #484 - anything goes
4 crafty chicks #357 - anything goes








5 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my goodness. This is absolutely beautiful. I love it. Thanks for sharing at Paper Play Sketches.
~Owner/DT Janis

Heather said...

Simple and beautiful! Just perfect for a sympathy card. Love your coloring; and those little pearl drops finish it off perfectly. Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.

SonjaN said...

Very lovely card!!

Tamie said...

Billie these cards are so hard to make and this one is just beautiful and elegant with the pearl drops, colors of the flowers, the font of the sentiment. Thank you so much for the inspiration this week at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

Tamie DT

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Billie! It's so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx