Monday, June 12, 2017

Take a moment to REMEMBER -

Monday June 12, 2017
 
I don't know about you but I seem to notice that blogger has changed the fonts to really really small. I look at some challenge blogs and cant even read it because it's so small. I noticed on mine after posting that it's tiny so now I will be making my blogs postings larger print so everyone can read it.. you might want to check out your blog.. can you read it?
 
Ok remember I said I made three background pieces from Art Anthology?? well I showed one that I completed with just the background sprays from Art Anthology last Saturday.. 
 Now this is the third one.
. I sprayed in class the Art Anthology sprays in teal, orange, yellow and green.. I then took some paste she had and using a stencil added some swirls in red and some green blobs.. Well I dried it and thought this will NEVER be a card as I hated the red swirls and green blobs..
So not wanting to waste anything I went to work last night on what can I do to save this...
 
I took out a small alphabet stamp and stamped over the background in a few areas (you can see at the top left side) then I still didn't like it so took some texture paste and a circle stencil and added it to the card.. OK looking better... LOL. well in her little envelope she gave us was this script piece, tag and thread... So I tore the paper and spritzed it with Dylusion sprays.. NOW that was a bad idea.. but thank goodness there is another side to the script.. LOL so I added a little pink from a Q-tip that I had just cleaned out a copic lid with rubbing alcohol  (..killing time for the paste to dry).. I took the pink tip since it was till wet with alcohol/copic mess and ran it over the script.. OK I like this.. I then took the tag and tore off the bottom third and spritzed with Dylusions spray (I am quick to forgive or is it forget - since the first spray on the script) and then I took some Nuvo paste and ran my finger in it and ran it across the tag in different areas. I took the thread she included and wrapped it around the tag. I adhered the script down and the tag.. OK it was missing something.. so I took a scrap of water color paper and a great sentiment from Paper Trey Ink and heat embossed it in black.. I then took Ranger ink and water brush and went over the water color with the green. I adhered this to the tag and took some black Ranger ink watered down and did the splatters all over. I added this piece to a white card base.. I am liking. I love this type of art and need to do more.. I just get to scared but I think it turned out great.. Now you can hardly see the red swirls or green blobs..
 
Challenges:
Simon Wednesday - masculine
Word art Wednesday wk. 286-287 - anything goes
Cute card Thursday #481 - boys/men
Moving along with the times #47 - embossing wet/dry (black sentiment)
Crafty catz #374 - anything goes/opt. die/punch
heARTful stamping - masculine
Simon Monday - touchy feely
Crafting from the heart #163 - anything goes
Artistic inspirations #181 - anything goes/opt. dies/stencils




6 comments:

Sue B said...

This is a gorgeous card! Such beautiful colours and fab use of inks - I love the rich black embossed sentiment!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our Embossing Challenge and Good luck in the draw!
Hugs Sue B xx

Lin said...

I think this turned out great - love the textured dots and the dictionary page, Billie! Thanks for playing along with us once again at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

OHHHH!!! This is a fantastic project! I am in awe with your textured dots!!!! I really love it - the dictionary pages add so much more interest!
Thank you so much for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! We all hope to see you again next week! x Zoey

Naomi Johnson said...

Fabulous card! love the sentiment and the papers and the zesty colours. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Unknown said...

Wow what a wonderful project :) The colors you used all work well together. The embossed dots and the splattered ink dots make it pop :) The sentiment is heartfelt :) I also like that you increased the size of your blog font. That's a very thoughtful thing to do and I think I will do the same :) Thank you for sharing such a cool project at Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog. Please also visit Paper Craft Happy Challenges
also! - DT

Monika Reeck said...

oh my that background wooowwwzaa
the dots really stunning added Billie yaayy
and that pieces of paper perfect added there
this can be manly or woman card
STUNNING
and yes
your BLOG POST NOW LARGE
hehe if you see mine I did LARGE FONT since long
I want my reader can read easily what I wrote
thanks for make our eyes easier read your text my friend
hugs
Monika