Saturday, June 03, 2017

Thank you just for being you - Happy Father's day

Saturday June 3, 2017
 
With Father's day fast approaching I once again made another Father's day card. I have been busy the past few months making cards.  This was an idea again from Pinterest.. I made it my own..  I stamped the mustache from Simon Says stamp set and fussy cut it out. The sentiments are also from Simon Says. I used Kraft paper and cut out a circle with My Favorite Things circle dies, then used a piece of Kraft and embossed the diamond design making sure to leave room for the sentiment.. I used My Minds eye plaid paper and a strip of red card stock. The wooden heart is colored with copics and I wrapped twine around the card and adhered the heart to the knot. I added the mustache using foam dots behind to give depth.
 

Challenges:
Cards und more #185 - fathers day
Word art Wednesday wk. 284-285 - anything goes
A gem of a challenge #195 - for boy or man
Simon Monday - going around in circles
Artistic inspirations #180 - anything goes/opt. flowers
Cardz 4 guys #170 - favorite color combo (teal/red/browns)
Everybody art #404 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
Craft rocket #38 - for men or boys
As you like it - fav. reason make cards (to bring a smile to who ever receives it)
Naughty or nice #40 - anything goes
Sweet stampin - for dad or special man






16 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love plaid! This is perfect! Love the added embossing too!

Monika Reeck said...

I really love your coloring heart there so coool
and lovely mustache and great fussy cut...the sentiment is perfecto and lovely DP there..and lovely embossing folder too
GREAT MANLY card ...how many do you made Billie..
I made only 2x hehe but I love making manly cards but I only have one Hubby and one Brother in Law :( no reason to make so many fathers day card my friend..you are great make so much...is it for your son? cool manly card and I love the look

Dotty Jo said...

This is great! Always love mustache cards, Jo x

Sian said...

This is a great Father's Day card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

Emma Williams said...

This is such a fun card and a great design...I love it! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Elaine Stark said...

A great card. Love how it all comes together. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Cazro said...

A super fun card, with a super colour combo. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Michelle said...

This card is great. With the mustache and the colors.
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card Billie! Love the vintage look it has! Very cool design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Monika Reeck said...

I see this card win but forget but it was manly card challenge...congrats Billie yaayy...-

Cara said...

Fabulous card, love the quirky heart. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Cass said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this card so fun! love the style and colours,
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is really cool! Thanks for sharing it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenge! Cyndi, DT

Lindsey said...

This is such a classy Father's Day card. Great use of all the different elements. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!