Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday June 16, 2017
 
 My card is for the challenge at
 My Favorite Things Camp Create day 4.. which was yesterday..
The challenge is SLIDER card..
 
 
 
Of course I will enter this card in other challenges BUT the idea /theme is from Camp create.. I have never ever made a slider card. I didn't know what to do. MFT did show a great video at Camp create but I don't have the die they used and not sure what was needed other then a channel to move to show what is behind. So staying with dies and images from MFT I have this awesome die and figured one little slider would work.  I made it and like it.
I started first with some water color paper I created using the technique Jennifer McGuire did a few weeks ago.. You paint over water color paper and then scrunch up plastic wrap and lay it on the wet in and let it dry..once dry you peal the plastic wrap off and you get a cool texture look to your piece.. well I made probably a dozen of them which I will use in the future. I wanted the scene for this card to be natural desert feeling so I chose the paper where I used Kuretake golds and silver paint. 
I stamped the images and white embossed then colored with Zig markers. The slider was also Zig marker and I wanted it to be kind a sunny desert feel. I die cut the 4 cactus and 3 pot out. I used foam tape behind the images to give depth. The frame is also raised. The pull tab is a small cactus. You can see in the second photo where I put the sentiment behind the image/slider. Ouch - Happy Birthday.. could be you forgot the birthday or they are turning an Ouch age.. LOL.. The card base was white but I took some Ranger light purple and just went around the edges. I knew I would use purple on the cactus so wanted to bring the purple out to the base.
I love coloring with the Zig markers and the awesome colors and blending. I love coloring. 
 


Challenges:
Artistic inspirations #181 - anything goes/dies/stencils
Deep ocean #157 - die, punches, chipboard
City crafters #366 - frame it
Simon Wednesday - emboss it
Brown sugar #255 - anything goes
Crafty catz #375 - anything goes/opt. dots/stripes
Color crazy wk. 24 - anything goes
Creatalicious #117 - anything goes/opt. die/punches







8 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is awesome!

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card, love your clever design
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Juls said...

Beautiful.. thank u for sharing it with us at the Colour Crazy challenge xx

Sollan said...

Adorable and clever card! Thank you for participating in the Brown Sugar Challenge

Ros Crawford said...

What a wonderful card! beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Teresa Kline said...

sweet card, luv the design and pull out panels! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

SewPaperPaint said...

Super cute and gorgeous watercolor! Hugs, Autumn

Monika Reeck said...

how can I say
this is FANTASTIC
love the slider area Billie
the coloring the leaves oh yeah looks so real
and the Frame looks old like Vintage card
love love love
no other words Jaw drops too SMILE
hugs
Monika