Friday, June 02, 2017

Happy Birthday - Catch the bug - Free Friday

Friday June 2, 2017
 
I'm so excited.. Tomorrow my best friend Karen and I are going to the Scrapbook and Card Expo.. It's in another town about hour away.. I always like these.. (I really like the ones in Portland Oregon cause they are tax free to us Washington residence it's about 90 min. away) But this one is in Washington.. It's fun no matter what. We're going to do a card class. It's more of an artsy card class.. I like this idea. If they turn out I will post soon.. We always do the  "makes and takes" and of course buy, buy, buy and get ideas.  Always fun time and with a dear friend it's even better. We usually do lunch afterwards.  
 Ok on to todays post.
 
It's Free Friday at Catch the bug -- You can find the image in the image in the Bugaboo Store..  The image is BM topper
 
 
I wasn't sure how I wanted to do this card.. I made the line under the monkey a little longer and then used my brick stencil and added a small row of bricks. I used my cloud template for the background and colored the image with copics and used "0" copic on terry scrap to give the monkey some texture. I used white gel pen on the balloon and hat then I added Glossy Accents to the balloon. I heat embossed the My Favorite Things - Happy Birthday in black. I added the ribbon and Nuvo drops..  Fun Happy Birthday card.. The paper is Basic Grey.
For more ideas head over to the Catch the bug site and see the DT inspiration.


Challenges:
Word art Wednesday wk. 284-285 - anything goes
Crafty gals corner #124 - two dp
A gem of a challenge #195 - for boy or man
Addicted to stamps #149 - animals
The crazy challenge #249 - birthday
Artistic inspirations #180 - anything goes/opt. flowers
Everybody art #404 - anything goes
Creative craft cottage #88 - include an animal
Creative moments #119 - birthday
4 crafty chicks #353 - birthday
Crafty girls creations #37 - anything goes
Craft rocket #38 - for men or boys






11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Super fun card! Jo x

Michelle said...

This is such a cute card and a fab layout. Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck. Michelle x

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thnak you verry much for joining us at the birthday challenge of The crazy challenge blog
Miroslava DT

Monika Reeck said...

I wanna write hehe lovely monkey Image (I guest it was sent before I finished writing) and I love the idea of the brick and again great clouds Billie..
love the big sentiment and cool dots paper
sweet card!!

Danoesja said...

Such a funny and sweet birthday card with this cutie.
I hope you had a great day today with you're friend Karen at the Scrapbook and Card Expo.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
Greetings, Danoesja

Jo Ann said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us here at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will join us again soon. Leaving you with this encouragement found in Psalms 31:24 (KJV) " Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD."

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So sweet monkey! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again! Valentina DT

Wendy L said...

Super card, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, xxxx

Leanne said...

Always love seeing a bugaboo image, another fantastic card! Thanks for sharing your card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Lovely job!

Leanne DT/4CC

Judy V said...

Cute and fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Sollan said...

Such a lovely card! Thank you for participating over at Creative Moments Challenge