Sunday, July 05, 2020

It's your birthday - Always Fun Challenge #170

Monday July 6, 2020

Hello.. I hope you all had a safe in more ways than before, a 4th of July for us in the USA.. We are still being safe and keeping our distance in most cases. Especially seeing how it's picking up speed with people coming down with the virus again. I hope all of you around the world be safe and just take care. Everyone take care.

Today over at Always Fun Challenge #170 we have a new challenge
PAPER PIECING



In June I had a gift card for Gerda Steiner stamps so I headed over to her site and spent the gift card  plus some more money.. This is one of the sets I got.. I only used one of the dog. I dug through my scraps and found this cool script distressed scrap which I used for the dog, and the yellow for the balloon and a strip of black from Quick Quotes and this die cut scrap swirl also from QQ for the cloud kinda look. . I adhered the yellow to the black and then laid the balloon stamp down so that the string was on black. Then die cut out. The dog I found an area that had some great distressing on it and stamped the dog. I used a copic to color the collar. I then took Ranger ink and created some more clouds and ground using my home made templates. I added the swirl on foam dots and added to the card. I used some foam dots on the dog and added to the card. I heat embossed the sentiment.

Challenges:
Lemon shortbread #123 - anything goes
Fab 'n' funky #488 - sunshine colors
Little red wagon #556 - summer time fun
CCC digi creations #115 - anything goes
Crafty hazelnut's July -pattern paper
Crafty animals #40 - anything goes
Cute card Thursday #641 - anything goes
Krafty chicks #514 - stamp act
The paper funday #19 - anything goes / great outdoors
Polkadoodles wk. 27 - anything goes
Scrapping 4 fun #170 - birthday
Allsorts wk. 579 - summertime
Incy wincy - curvy curves 
Crafting happiness #56 - anything goes / things that fly

16 comments:

Claire said...

Love this design, it is so fun
Claire
Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Kathleen said...

A really lovely background, especially the clouds and a great fun image. Thank you for joining our 'Summertime' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Pat K said...

Oh I love this image making such a great card. Wonderful background. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Donna Walls said...

Very sweet card Billie! I love the facial expression of that Pup, he seems happy to be floating high in the sky! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Funday Challenges - Donna, DT

Kate said...

This is so sweet! That little pup is adorable and it's so fun that he's dangling from the balloon!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

creationsnz said...

Wonderful curves and a totally fun card. So glad you joined our 'Curves' challenge at Incy Wincy, CarolG

MeSi said...

This is so fun! I love how the yellow balloon pop out. Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!
Merja DT

Sneha for Dezaroimpreus said...

Gorgeous background and Amazing card!I am mesmerized with the dog!
Thank you for sharing your work with us at https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com/

Dt Sneha

Janis Lewis said...

Fun doggie card. Thank you so much for playing along at my Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
Hugs! Janis
Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Ellibelle said...

What a great design and cute image!
Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge where it's all about Summertime!
Ellibelle's Corner

Lori Podolsky said...

How creative and adorable your card is, Billie! Really delightful! Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope to see you again. Stay safe. Hugs, Lori xx (DT Lemon Shortbread)

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card!Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Stay safe and Good luck!
Anneke DT

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card!Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Stay safe and Good luck!
Anneke DT

Suze said...

Lots of lovely curves in your great card. Thank you for joining in the Curves Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

This is so cute, lovely card!
Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x