Tuesday, September 21, 2021

It's your birthday - Cardz 4 Guyz #280

Tuesday September 21, 2021

Hello

It's time for a new challenge over at

I am the host so I chose the theme to be
ADD SOME METAL


For my card I first chose the metal. I had asked hubby what should I use.. He said wait just a min. and went to the recycle can and pulled out the top of the foil that covers the new opened can of coffee.. So I took it and embossed the piece.. then I should of known better ran it through a stitch rectangle die. which took away the embossing.. Gesh. I should of known better but I didn't want to lost the stitching so guess it's one or the other.. I am glad with the final and it does show a little embossing. I looked for papers and went to Cosmo Cricket as it kinda has a masculine look.. it' cardz 4 guyz.. and laid out the papers and metal.. It needed something else so used a Paper Trey Ink tablet tab die and cut the alphabet paper. Then I took black card stock and die cut the Taylored Expressions flowers 4 times and layered. I added them and then the Simon Says sentiments to some scraps of Quick Quote paper. I used Tech. Tues. dies and cut the sentiments out. I added and then added a few more metal blings to the bottom. 

Challenges:
Beyond the blue #32 - let it shimmer
Creative fingers #215 - anything goes
Scrapping 4 fun #201 - autumn (colors and flower)
Dream valley #255 - 2 or more pattern papers
Crafting happiness #114 - anything goes



 

3 comments:

dj said...

The metallic layer is perfect for our "add some metal" challenge!! Great inspiration for those who decide to play along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Lee said...

Oh love the color combo! And the shimmer is lovely! Thank you for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous idea to recycle your metal element. It's a lovely card. Love Dawn x