Sunday, December 16, 2018

Warmest winter wishes - Always Fun Challenges #89

Monday December 17, 2018
 
Time for another challenge at Always Fun Challenges #89
and our theme is CHRISTMAS CAROL
 
There wont be a #90 challenge as it's a break for Christmas
but we will be back with #91 on Dec. 31st..
 
The Christmas carol I chose is "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" by Bing Crosby / Perry Como and many other great singers..
 
I love this card as a Christmas card cause it has a beautiful winter scene. I chose a simple sentiment because I didn't want to take away from the scene. I used PSK stamp set and I stamped and embossed it in silver and using Mission paints I painted the scene. I used Paper trey ink sentiment and added to the card. I added some glitter to different parts of the snow areas. For the dark green background I ran it through an embossing folder.  I went around the scene edge with Quick quote chalk ink then layered this image on the green. The scene is very soft. I maybe should of used a darker embossing powder for the image.. it's very soft.
 

Challenges:
Dragonfly journeys #130 - handmade holiday magic
Word art Wednesday wk. 366-367 - anything goes
The sisterhood of crafters - winter scene



5 comments:

Lisa said...

This is beautiful!! I love the peaceful winter scene!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Trina P. said...

So serene and beautiful. x

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty scene! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Debbie Mageed said...

This is a beautiful winter scene!! I really love it just the way you created it, so no worries on using a darker outline. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you will join us again soon. Happy Holidays!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous scene you've created here, Billie. You are always SO creative, and I can never thank you enough for sharing your art in our challenges. I pray that God will lead you, bless you, and draw you closer to Him than ever before in the coming year.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday