Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Paper Pretties #299 - TECHNIQUE /a good book

Wednesday February 26, 2014
 
 Before I forget ..only a few more days left to get 20% off you purchase at our Paper pretties store. Just choose what images you want be it digi or acrylic and at check out put in PPLOVE and your 20% will be taken off the total purchase. Nice huh?
 
Wednesday is a new challenge at Paper Pretties #299 - this challenge is TECHNIQUE...
Let see what you have to show as your technique. Tell us what you did. 
I thought it best to do photos vs. saying what my technique was. I love the different looks this can give and it's quite simple. Ink, embossing folder and your paper choice. See photos below on how I did my background...
 

Just ink the inside top flap with what your die/chalk ink


very - very carefully lay your card stock inside and close the top w/o moving it around


run it through your embossing/die cut machine


open and you should have a nice layer of ink on the lower part and the top part should be the card stock color. If you wish for the opposite look you can ink the bottom part of the embossing folder and then your ink will be on the raised part vs. the lower part. I wanted my sky to be blue and the cloud (swirls) to be lighter.


Here is my card using the above technique. I wanted a clouds effect. I used the image "story time Sophie" stamp and thought the green ribbon gave a grassy look. I had the perfect brad to add to the card.

challenges:
QKR - friends are special
Make it Monday #180 - atg
Totally paper crafts #207 - spring
Allsorts #247 - ladies day
One stitch at a time #201 - girly
Sentimental Sunday #195 - make your own background
The squirrel and the fox #64 - something spooled
Tuesday throwdown #184 - atg
recipe: embossing folder, quick quote chalk ink, mme brad, card stock, bazzill, pti die, story time Sophia/pp, copics, ribbon




9 comments:

loz said...

Gorgeous card and embossing Billie. I saw this on MIM.Loz

brenda said...

Just beautiful Billie and perfect for our Ladies Day theme.

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here, it runs until 5th March.

B x

Sarah said...

Fabulous card Billie, I love your embossed background. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Ladies Day challenge x

Sherri said...

What a cute card! Love the embossing folder technique too. It just popped up your image! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede!

Sandy said...

A simple and very effective technique. Lovely card, Billie. Fab image and sentiment.
Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Debbie Adams said...

I like this technique especially with the blue ink you used, this looks really good as a sky bg. Really pretty coloring on your image too.
Thank you for joining us on OSAAT.
Deborah OSAAT DT

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful card. Love the embossed sky and ribbon grass, it's so effective. Just stopped by to say thanks for the lovely comment you left me on my blog.

Claire x

CraftyGirl said...

Billie, love the embossing on your pretty card. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

MagsB said...

The embossed and inked background looks terrific, Billie! And what a great image, that could be my daughter, she is always reading! thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

love Mags B x