Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Paper Pretties #249 - Create your own background

Wednesday March 13, 2013
 
Paper Pretties  brings you a new challenge. This weeks challenge #249 is CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
 
The featured digi this week is Cadbury. what a chipper rabbit.
 
 
For my card I chose to use Sophia always in my heart  and for my background I used a technique I saw on kwernerdesignblog using water color paper and ranger ink. swipe choice of colors on a plastic sheet, spritz with water and lay the paper down into the inks. I dried it and then touched it again in various places to give more dimension. I really don't do pastels but I love these colors. I love this look and will be doing more backgrounds. I stamped a lovely tree with black in and cut the image out and gave her a little grass at her feet and the sentiment..kazammm your done. Simple and I love it.
challenges:
Quirky Crafts - make background paper no designer paper
Stamptacular Sunday #206 - to die for (grass)
2 Sisters #134 - pastels
Squiggleyfly #10 - spring is near
Make it Monday #131 - open
Divas by Design - put on some pink
Fab 'n' Funky #162 - add a sentiment
 
recipe: Sophia /pp, water color paper, various ranger inks, mft die, tree?, white su ink, copics, heart button, twine (through the button holes), bazzill


7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

An absolutely stunning scene you have created. Love the silhouette effect of the tree against the colourful sky.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Rene said...

How sweet...love the sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week with your fabulous card! Don’t forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back next week!
Rene

Pat K said...

Fabulous card. Love the scene you've created and the wonderful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

Caro said...

Gorgeous background and wonderful scene. Thank you so much for joining in with our Quirky Crafts challenge this week.

Holly Young said...

Oh what a great idea for your background. It's such a great scene you've created! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge once again this week!

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty and Sweet all at the same time Billie!! Love your Darling image and Fabulous BG you created too! Wowie!! Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Danielle C said...

Great thinking of you card! I love the background you have made and such a sweet image! Thanks for joining the Stamptacular Sunday challenge and good luck!
Danielle:)