Monday, August 10, 2020

Keeper of my secrets - Always Fun Challenge #175

Monday August 10, 2020

Hello.. Time for another challenge over at 

Our theme this week is MAKE A TAG



This is my tag.. I started my creating a watercolor background but by time I got done so much was missing. I stamped some background graphics in black and used a stencil and inks.. Then went over it with a light coat of gesso.. well there went all of the things I had done.. So then I took a Simon says stencil and texture paste and did the two butterflies.  Once dry they were too white so I took green and teal Ken Oliver powder colors and tapped on the butterflies and spritzed with water. I let that dry. I then added some washi tape and stamped the SS sentiment (thought good if it was in a journal) and went around the edges with Distress crayon. I still wasn't happy with the background so took Stampin up little dots stamp and embossed with gold. Then the butterflies looked to blan so stamped the smaller dots from SU on them and embossed with white sparkle. I figured I better quit while I was ahead so punched a hole and added the ribbon and twine.  I envy people that can create what I was trying to.
Challenges:
Crafty animals #41 - anything goes
Dragonfly dreams August - anything goes
Penny's paper crafty #477 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - favorite tool (punch, heat tool, stencil, texture paste, trimmer, misti)
Little red wagon #561 - happy days

Creative fingers #191 - anything goes
Crafty friends #142 - anything goes
Crafting happiness #61 - anything goes




11 comments:

Claire said...

A very pretty tag, it feels so vintage
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Lisa J said...

Very pretty shabby chic kinda style tag. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card!Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Stay safe and Good luck!
Anneke DT

Kate said...

This is so pretty! The watercoloured background is gorgeous!!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Saphron said...

Gorgeous!! I love the texture of it. The ribbon is the perfect colour. Well done!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

I think you achieved what you set out to do! There is so much depth and texture on your tag. I love the layers and how you added the gold and white dots, and picking out the lime green in the ribbon and washi sets it off perfectly, Cathy x

pst said...

Great card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

Jana Forrest said...

Billie this turned out so pretty. Love the color scheme. Thank you for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

Elizabeth Hart said...

Beautiful tag with gorgeous colors and fabulous textures. Thanks so very much for joining us this at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams.
Hugs Ilonka DT x