Thursday, August 31, 2023

Happy little stampers - You are marvelous

 Friday September 1, 2023

hello.. Well is fall in the air in your part of the world?  Kids getting back to school soon, and soon the holidays will be coming. I hope you had a great summer. 

Today we have a new challenge over at 

Happy little stampers watercolor 

Our theme is 
Anything goes / opt. layers



This is such a fun way to create an awesome background. I saw it months ago and tried again. Sorry don't remember who I first saw do it.. 

I took watercolor paper and just did some colors I thought would look good together and just brushed them all over the paper.  I set it aside to day for a couple days.. then I took an embossing folder and the flat side I smeared black in on it and then I carefully laid the painted side down in the black ink and added a couple pieces washi tape to hold in place and closed the raised side to close it. Run it through your machine.. then when you open it you have this beautiful piece. 

I didn't want to cover it with any images so just went for the sentiment and 3 gems.. 


Challenges:
Krafty chicks #679 - anything goes

3 comments:

Cindy Groh said...

I love the colors of your card.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Billie: This is STUNNING, my friend. I love the colors you've chosen for this amazing card. WOW. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful to have you share with us, as always. I got a nice little set of watercolors from Altenew and I haven't used them yet; so I will check out this challenge. I need to try using them (even though I don't know what I'm doing). Yours is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Karen, Word Art Wednesday

Lyn Bernatovich said...

You have done a marvelous job of creating a bold background and adding just the right sentiment over the top! xoxo LynB