Sunday, September 01, 2013

To My Friend / thank you card

Sunday September 1, 2013
 
Hello everyone, I wanted to share a sweet card I made for my friend Jan Hunnicutt at Simply Handcrafted. She makes awesome cards and  awesome homemade soaps, lotions, bath products. I have been buying soaps from her for Christmas presents (and personal use) and I wanted to send her a card.  If you follow her on Face book which you will find in her link above you can follow along there too and see the awesome products she makes. I wish my computer had a smell button, I am sure her home smells awesome with all those fragrance's. I hope you visit her blog/face book and if you're interested in her products message her. You will not be disappointed.
 
I saw the technique for this design on Dawn O blog she has a video file showing this tech. I loved the idea and made a couple of cards. It's quite simple and gives a great look. So many choices and way to use those scraps, which I did.
 
challenges:
Cupcake Inspiration #226 - color challenge
Eclectic Ellapu - it's sentimental
The Squirrel and Fox #51 - spring or autumn (spring)
Challenges 4 Everybody #28 - anything goes

recipe: su white and dp, club scrap blue scrap, dolphin song words, pizzaz a plenty flower, bg brad, ribbon, memento black ink





5 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Billie! I LOVED getting your card in the mail yesterday, it's on my desk right now =) I like the technique too and have used it, a fun way to use up some of my patterned papers.

Thanks for telling about my soap making too, I'm having a lot of fun with my new business and appreciate you spreading the word!

Hugs, Jan

Rene said...

What a sweet card!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Good luck!
Rene :D

Andria said...

Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week.

Anonymous said...

Nice card Billie. Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
Hugs,
Jill

purplecinn said...

Great card :) Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu - Purple