Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kind words can be short and easy to speak

Sunday September 22, 2013
 
Good day, any one notice it's getting colder, darker lately. I really have a love - hate relationship with this time of year. I need the sun to feel energized but love the coziness of the cooler weather. Time to break out the nice quilt, enjoy some hot chocolate and read a good book with my dog curled beside me. Not that I cant do this in the summer time but colder weather makes it more comfy.
I was thinking of hot chocolate when I made my card. I used color pencils and really like the look. Again I dug in my scrap container and found this die cut to fill that empty space under the sentiment.
Just wanted to share this card and know that I can make cards that don't belong in a DT theme. LOL.
 
challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow #70 - falls in the air
One Stitch At A Time #182 - anything goes
Pile It On #58 - cool & warm colors
Word Art Wednesday #98 - anything goes
recipe: su very vanilla, memento, hearts and coffee uptown rubber, verve framed wishes, spellbinder, color pencils, corner chomper





12 comments:

Hazel said...

Your card is lovely and the quote is beautiful, I haven't read that one before. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Karen Letchworth said...

What an awesome sentiment on a gorgeous card, Billie. Your cards have always been such a blessing to me, and I'm continually inspired by your creativity. Thanks for stopping by, and may God bless your week with His goodness and love!
Big Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Cathi ONeill said...

Lovely card, love the Mother Teresa quote and the coffee cup image. Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Ingrid Mason said...

Oh Billie, you've done it again....taken words with a powerful message and illustrated them so wonderfully through your artistic talent. A few kind words give us all such a warm feeling of worth and well-being akin, to the warm, cosy feeling of a mug of hot chocolate on a cold, dark evening. I have to tell you Billie, that I now look out for your cards with such anticipation because your messages of love and advice gently filter into my daily life. Thank you. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Such a true sentiment made into a perfect card. I love it. thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Jennie x

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a lovely card, Billie. I love the beautiful image and great sentiment. It's the best time to have a cup of coffee now. Thank you for sharing. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous project Billie! Love the vibrant colored cups paired with that terrific quote!

Unknown said...

Beautiful sentiment and beautiful card, love its simplicity, so the words can speak louder. Thank you for joining our 'Cool or warm colors' challenge at Pile It On Challenge and please come back next week.
Anna

crafty-stamper said...

Love the coffee image and the die fits the space perfectly and the quote is beautiful.Thanks for joining us at OSAAT
Carol DT x

Tracey said...

I love the sentiment on this Billie! Fabulous sharp lines on your card too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at OSAAT, hope to see you back again soon.
Hugs, Tracey (DT)

Tracey said...

Love the sentiment Billie! Yes, the days are getting shorter here. Great image too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at OSAAT, hope to see you back again soon.
Hugs, Tracey (DT)

Anonymous said...

So very beautiful in every way. Stunning colour and quote. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)