Saturday, April 20, 2019

Prayers are with you

Saturday April 20, 2019
 
Ok so I was given a challenge by a past co worker who needed a sympathy card for our past deputy's father who was the quintessential cowboy... Well cowboy images are not in my catalog of stamps so I asked a dear stamper friend who sells Stampin up... she just had the horse but she borrowed from another SU friend the boots and hat.. So this is what I came up with. I used SU ink and stamped off the horse on a piece of scrap first then on the Kraft card stock as I just wanted it to be faint in the background. I then stamped the boots and hat and fussy cut out. I at first painted the boots brown and light blue /tan scroll work but when I sent my SU friend a photo (thank goodness for smart phones) she said the boots were to colorful.. So re-stamped them in the same brown as the horse and went over them with a light sponge of Ranger ink. and added them  over the painted boots...…. I painted the hat with SU re-inkers. The boot on the right is flush to the card the boot on the left is on foam dots and the hat part is foam dots and flush to the boot.  I stamped the Hero arts sentiment and added some shading under the boots. I think my friend will like it.
 
Challenges:
A bit more time to craft #90 - anything goes
Creatalicious #161 - anything goes / opt. black/white
Pammie's inky pinkies #1915 - anything goes
Sweet stampin - recycle element or anything goes




5 comments:

Lisa said...

Sympathy cards are the hardest and you've done a beautiful job!! I love the horse looking at the boots and hat...very symbolic for a cowboy. Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

kReN said...

Love the boot and hat. Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenges this week! Follow me, kREN, at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

pinky said...

So perfect and beautiful!

Rhodidodi said...

it is always so difficult to do a sympathy card, but yours is lovely. Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional black & white + one colour” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)