Monday, April 01, 2019

Happiest of birthdays to you - Creative with Stamps #37

Monday April 1, 2019
 
Hello and welcome back to my blog..
Creative with Stamps #37 has a new challenge.
PLUS it's our 3rd birthday over at CWS..
wow 3 years went by quite fast. 
Our theme for this month is BIRTHDAY card
 
Also we wont be having a mid month reminder.. so please come back often and enter your card if you haven't entered your quota per our rules.
 
note: CWS challenges do not have many "guidelines",
but please read and follow the few we do have to be eligible to win.
 
 I wanted to use a Simon says stamp that I got in one of their monthly kits last year.. I stamped the image on water color paper and painted the image and background with Mission Gold water color paints. I dried it with a heat gun and stamped the sentiment and re-stamped the image ... dang it wasn't all the way dry so the bottom leaves and part of the sentiment ran.. Hubby didn't see it till I pointed it out.. but of course I can see it. (I remember doing a x stitch piece many many years ago... and made one mistake.. each time I look at this beautiful piece I still see it..)  back to my card. I cut the piece down a little and added to an piece of blue card stock. I really love the look and was a lot of fun to create.
 
Challenges:
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
Work it Wednesday at Simon Says - spring flowers
As you like it - favorite med. and why (paints, I like the blending and way you can create the background and give different depths.)
Moving along with the times #94 - for a man



9 comments:

Zoe Tant said...

Thanks for joining us at MAWTT with your colourful card. Zoe x

Lisa Lynn said...

Beautiful floral card Billie.

Alex said...

Wonderful card, billie. I like the colors you used for the flowers. I know what you mean... you always see your little mistakes by yourself (without saying they wouldn't be recognized).

Creative greetings
Alex

Alex' Kreative Seite
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges

Brenda said...

Billie, this is gorgeous! Look at your beautiful painting and color choices, that's I a see. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at As You Like It Challenge.!

Dorlene Durham said...

Love the bright and colorful flower bouquet! So pretty and fun! Great card.

Squirrel x said...

This is great, thanks so much for sharing your colouring skills with us for this AYLI challenge. See you again soon! Squirrel Xx

Helen F. said...

Love the cheerful blooms on your Birthday card, Billie! :-)

Contagiously Crafty said...

Pretty set of flowers. Congrats on the challenge win!

ankitag612 said...

Your coloring is just gorgeous and I love how you placed the stamp on the top right edge of the card! Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Xx Ankita