Wednesday, November 11, 2020

May your cup - Day 6

 Wednesday November 11, 2020

today is Day 6 of the Fall / Winter Coffee Lovers blog hop



This is my card. I had this fern stamped (Simon Says) card stock I created a couple weeks ago and I hated it. The leaves were too dark on the lighter green. So I thought ok time to work with it. I took green Ranger inks and blended the background till I got a depth of color I liked. I then spritzed it with water. I patted it dry and then dried with my heat gun. I like the fuzzy look of the stamped ferns cause I had used dye ink instead of an ink that wouldn't run. It almost has a suede look to it now. I used some Christmas designer paper and used Stamp Simply die to cut the cup out. I used a gold card stock and Paper Trey ink die for the mat. The leaves in the cup are from Stampin up and using Stampin up ink. I stamped the Stamp Simply sentient and heat embossed. I used Quick Quote chalk ink to distress the edges. 


Challenges:
Jan's digi - Nov. anything goes
Digi choosday wk. 45 - anything goes
Coffee lovers hop - fall / winter



11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, Billie! Love how you've put this card together, Jo x

Dandi93 said...

Pretty card Billie, love the contrast between leaves in the cup and the background

Vicki Dutcher said...


Love that green background to that pretty cup of flowers

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful. Love the fabulous background and the beautiful cup of flowers. I hope your cup runneth over as well.

mamawcindy said...

So pretty, Loving the background and the sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

Vivian Foo said...

So pretty.

Fikreta said...

So very beautiful!

Dawn S. said...

Great card! I love the background - glad you were able to get it to work!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Jan's Digis. Hope to see you next time.

Jane Savage said...

Love this!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Sheryl said...

Great minds indeed! I love that mug, and the green background against the pretty lighter greens. :)