Saturday, July 01, 2017

Happy Birthday - Catch the bug * Saturday challenge

Saturday July 1, 2017
 
Welcome to Catch the bug
It's the first Saturday in July so that means it's Anything Goes.. woo hoo..
 
 
 
I am using the image Birthday Monkey Topper - it was a new release a few months back.. But I had to use it again. He's so cute and I needed a birthday card.. I colored the image with copics. I then created the tag using my Tim Holtz tag die. I used Oxide Distressed ink and applied the inks over it. I spritz with water. I did not get too much of an effect. But it's kind a there. I added a brad to the hole area and added Simon Says Happy Birthday.. I took the background paper and ran it through an embossing folder. I added the monkey to the card and added them to the background. I added some Spectrum Noir to the balloon and Nuvo drops to the card.


Challenges:
The house that stamps built #J2817 - anything goes
Cute card Thursday #484 - anything goes
4 crafty chicks #357 - anything goes
Jo's scrap shack #195 - anything goes
Brown sugar #257 - anything goes
Crafty catz #377 - anything goes / opt. embossing
Color crazy wk. 26 - anything goes
A bit more time to craft #47 - anything goes
Creatalicious #118 - anything goes/opt. red/white/blue






3 comments:

Tamie said...

Love, love, love this cute monkey popping up from the tag. The texture behind it just adds to the pop. Thank you so much for the inspiration this week at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

Tamie DT

Heather said...

Cute! My daughter loves monkeys, and I know she would love this one! He looks ready to party! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack and the House That Stamps Built.

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional red, white & blue” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…