Thursday, July 20, 2017

Day 6 - Christmas in July - Catch the bug

Thursday July 20, 2017
 
 Day 6 of Christmas in July at Catch the bug
 
It's Oldie but Goodie for us.. but you just need to follow the photo below to give you inspiration for your card..
 
 
These colors are right up my mom's alley.. She loved to use the fun pastels. I miss her so much. Christmas was a special time of the year for her. She would have a couple Christmas trees all set up beautifully and the house decorated. It was a special time..
 
Well on to my card.. I am using Bug Elf..  You can find in the Bugaboo store. I used a lot of the colors in the photo and added the strip behind the image that have some of those colors. the card stock is a shiny silver but it's hard to tell. I used copics, glitter and Nuvo drops and Spectrum Noir glitter pen. The stitch die is My Favorite Things.

 
Challenges:
Artistic inspirations #183 - anything goes/opt. summer colors
Deep ocean #159 - Christmas in July
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas #342 - anything goes/opt. die cut
Dragonfly journeys #96 - Christmas in July
A bit more time to craft #48 - anything goes
Crafting from the heart #168 - anything goes
(Pin)spirational #195 - Christmas
Fab 'n' funky #360 - use a pattern paper
Word art Wednesday wk. 292-293 - anything goes
Crafty gals corner #132 - Christmas in July
Simon work it Wednesday July - add sparkle (glitter-glitter pen)
 


6 comments:

Migdalia said...

Totally cute!! Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Carole J said...

Sweet card, Billie!
Thanks again for sharing your work at {PIN}spirational Challenges #195. Good Luck!
Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

Aunty Sue said...

Oh this is a cutie I have this in my files I must dig out

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 342 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Lovely CAS design Billie. Fab use of your patterned paper too. Love the way you've coloured the baubles. Brilliant! So pretty. Thanks for joining us for our 'Patterned Paper' fun this week at Fab 'n' Funky. Hugs, Wends xoxo Fab 'n' Funky DT

Ginny Maxam said...

This is really a beautiful CAS card! I love it! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT