Saturday, July 08, 2017

OUCH! happy birthday

Saturday July 8, 2017
 
My brothers birthday is Monday and he is turning 65 so thought this would be perfect for him.. LOL
OK So a few months back Kristina Werner was doing water color techniques with Prang watercolors.. They're cheap paints and can be found at Michaels.. She got hers at a grocery store.. they are that cheap.. So I passed on my Kuretake paints and used the Prang.. I mixed some colors to get the blue/green cactus and pot colors. I like the way it came out.
I first heat embossed the My Favorite Things pots/cactus and sentiments in white. Then I painted the images and dried. I painted the background. I added some Nuvo drops and mounted it on a piece of redish cardstock to go with the cactus blooms. I will be using these paints again and again..

Challenges:
Artistic inspirations #182 - anything goes
Love to scrap #99 - anything goes
A bit more time to craft #47 - anything goes
Creatalicious #118 - anything goes/ opt. red, white, blue

Word art Wednesday wk. 290-291 - anything goes
4 Crafty chicks #358 - stamping no digi's
Jo's scrap shack #196 - anything goes






8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so fun!! I love the cacti!! The colors look amazing!! Wow!! Love, love it!! And happy birthday to your brother!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Monika Reeck said...

wow cheap watercolor but the result wow Billie
love this
and the nuvo drops oh I Need to buy it hehe
sweet Kaktus card
hugs
Monika

Sheri Gilson said...

Great masculine card!

Janette said...

Great fun card Billie...x

Shylaashree said...

happy birthday to your brother, such a beautiful card for him
Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspiration Challenge Blog.
Shylaa DT@AICB
Adhiraacreations

Kellie 0:) said...

Awesome. TFS and joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack for Funday Friday.

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Hi there, Wow what a lovely card great use of detailed colouring those Cacti look almost real :) Thank you for joining us over at LTSCB and good luck
Pen DT

Melanie said...

A fab card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional red, white & blue” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…