Monday, July 03, 2017

Believe - I can do all things through Christ

Monday July 1, 2017
 
Well I have so many supplies and I have been wanting to do a mixed media type art piece and I love those kind of pieces.. So I said screw it.... I'm heading in. I can either love it or round file it... WELL I LOVE IT...
I started with a piece of 4.5 X 6 water color paper.. I sprayed three Dylusions sprays on it and spritzed with water and dried the piece.  I took a stamp that had writing on it and stamped it a couple places with out re-inking. I had a dandelion stamp I did the same. I then took Texture paste and a square stencil and added the paste in a few places.(I kind a like the bleed through vs. the white)  I then took a round stencil and some Art Anthology black texture paste that has grit in it, like a sand and did the circles in a few places.  I went through my chip board and found the piece with an arrow on it and a couple flowers. I colored them with Lumiere paint then went around the edges with some distressed crayons. I found this "I can do all things through Christ" from Paper Trey Ink stamped it on some cream card stock and cut out with a oval die cut. I took some gold Lumiere paint and added it over the sentiment. I die cut Simon Says Believe three times and layered them. Before I added anything I went around the edge of the piece with Distressed crayon in black and smeared it around.  I then added all of the pieces to the background base. I like that the arrow chipboard piece and Believe points down to the scripture.. I added a nice piece of white card stock behind the piece (since the backside was messy looking) it's on my coffee table so I can look at it daily. I hope it inspires me to create more.. I'd love to do a canvas piece. Plus I love the Believe - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 
Challenges:
Crafting from the heart #166 - anything goes
Artistic inspirations #182 - anything goes
Love to scrap #99 - anything goes
A bit more time to craft #47 - anything goes
Creatalicious #118 - anything goes/ opt. red, white, blue








8 comments:

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sandy said...

Lovely bold mixed media creation and a wonderful scripture verse to highlight.
Hugs, Sandy

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning!! The colors are amazing!! I love the texture and design!! You did such a fabulous job with mixed media!! I hope you do more!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Robin said...

This is just so beautiful! I love all the colors and textures! Hugs, Robin

Robin said...

Forgot to say Thank You for sharing at LTSCB. I was taken away by the art! Hugs, Robin

SewPaperPaint said...

HI Billie, wow wow wow! This is incredibly beautiful! Your awesome mixed media style is amazing and I adore the combo of this verse with the Believe die - brilliant! Hugs, Autumn

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous mixed media love all the bold shapes,bright colours and textured layers ---Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional red, white & blue” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…