Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Long time, no see - Paper Play Sketches

Wednesday July 26, 2017
 
Oh I am so excited. I am now on the design team at
Paper Play Sketches.
I've wanted to be on a sketch DT for quite awhile. I used to be on Unscripted Sketches until they folded.. I love using sketches and color challenges. Thank you PPS for letting me join : ) 
 
 


This is the card I made with the above color challenge. I can see with my computer the bottom color looks more fuchsia .. Hum.

Well this is my card. I did a technique that Jennifer McGuire did awhile back where she painted on water color paper and then used plastic wrap and laid it over the wet painted paper. You just kinda scrunch the plastic wrap. I did it in little folds across the water color paper. You set it aside and let it dry. So I took my Kuretake paints and plastic wrap and this is what I created.

I thought it looks like a great Africa scene so I used My Favorite tree die and the tree greenery is from one of my old Gellli plate creations. The trunk I just used brown paper and I added the wood grain with Paper Trey Ink wood stamp.
I stamped and die cut the giraffes, greenery and colored them with Zig water markers. I stamped the sentiment also from My Favorite Things on teal paper and used the My Favorite Things banner die.
I am loving the way the background came out. If you haven't tried this technique you need to.  You will love what happens. 

Challenges:
Crafty catz #380 - party time/anything goes
Come and get it - summer time
HeARTful stamping - anything goes
Stamping from the heart #169 - anything goes
Artistic inspirations #184 - anything goes
Ooh la la #233 landscapes
City crafters wk. 372 - something beginning with "S" (sunset)
Crafty sentiments - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
House that stamps built #J2617 - anything goes
Creative moments #123 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 292-293 - anything goes
Crafty gals corner #133 - anything goes


10 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your new DT!! Your card is beautiful!! The background is so gorgeous!! I love the adorable giraffes!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patti J said...

Congrats!!! Your card is darling, and great job with Jennifer's background! I've not tried it yet...soon! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Janette said...

Congrats Billie and wow, you rocked the colours brilliantly, love this card,it looks great..Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Donna said...

Beautiful bright and cheery card Bilie, and congrats on your DT. So glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built. Donna DT

Jasmina said...

Congratulation on your DT spot! I love your background and your design is just awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenge.

Jane Willis said...

Congrats on being picked for the DT. I love the scene you've created, those giraffes are adorable. Thank you for joining in at Ooh La La
Jane

Beatriz said...

Cute card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz dt

Heather said...

Congrats on your new DT position! That background is really fabulous AND perfect for this little safari scene! Super cute! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Marina said...

The background looks great and I love it with your cute animals. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your new DT and fabulous background-not tried this technique yet--Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x