Friday, March 12, 2021

BEE yourself - Alphabet challenge letter Y - Yellow

Friday March 12, 2021

Hello

I have a card to share for the challenge going on over at

Our challenge is
Y - YELLOW

For my card I dug through my papers I created a long time ago. This is another gelli plate creation using an old thin 12x12 designer paper that I had cut down to 6x6 and using acrylic paints and other fun things got a crazy design. I did this many years ago and it's fun looking through them. I took the Simon Says bee stamp set and stamped the honey comb and die cut the honey comb. A few years ago I stamped a bunch of images on watercolor paper and during the summer sat out on the deck and painted them. I cut them out using the dies and put in containers.. animals / floral / holiday.. etc. I dug through and found these Pretty Pink Posh bees.. perfect for the card. I stamped the SS sentiment on a yellow scrap and cut down. I added this, the bees, the honey comb die to the paper.  There is my yellow card. Yes there's a few other colors but I think you need that.. Most of the card is yellow for the theme.

Challenges:
Crafty animals #48 - anything goes /w animal
QKR stampede #415 - anything goes
Lemon short bread #141 - anything goes
As you like it - favorite way cut image (I like dies to give me crisper edges and the honey comb die would be impossible with scissors.... at least for me. Give extra texture to the card)




 

6 comments:

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Billie! What a beautiful, vibrant card! I love all of the textural color layers and those graphic bees! This is so striking! Take care - Rachelle : )

Lynda said...

Very vibrant. I must get out my gelli plate...... note to self. xx

Sioban said...

Hmm I’ve got a gelli plate never used it. Too timid. Great card bees are needed so I love bees. Anything to encourage them.

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so vibrant and your bees are so happy. I can't help but smile. Love Dawn x

Lorraine said...

A lovely bright colourful card.
Thanks for joining our challenge at As You Like It this time.
Lorraine x

Zw@@n said...

Wow, love this card. Such lovely colours and bees. Thank you again for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma