Sunday, October 15, 2017

Wishing you all the Joys that winter holds - Creative with Stamps #19

Sunday October 15-31, 2017
 
Well it's mid month reminder at
I hope you're having fun playing along and I love seeing different shoe -foot wear images..
 

 
If you follow me, I mentioned when I posted my shoe card for Oct. 1st.. I only had two shoe images. One I used on a card I created in the sprig and the tennis shoes on 10-1...and I needed to check over my stamps and see if I had anything else I could use... Well I had a pair of flip flops (thongs when I was a little girl many many years ago) and these skates.. So since it's not summer anymore I chose the skates.. Their not shoes but again shoes can be determined in so many ways.. heels, tennis, flats, boots, uggs, clogs, flip flops, sandles.... and skates.. sure there are a lot more..
 
So I stamped the Paper Trey skates all over the card base. I then took Simon Says snow flakes in three sizes and stamped them in the open spaces. I took my Kuretake Gansai paints and blended the pearl white with a very very small amount of black to get the silver and painted in the blade of the skate. I took my Zig marker and did a light wash over the skate. I added Nuvo drops to the center of the flakes. I stamped the Sentiment from Paper Trey Ink with Ranger and added it across the top. I took some Silver glitter washi tape and put a strip down each side. I then added foam behind the skate panel and added to the card base..  Christmas will be here before we know it.. Hum who will this card go to??
NOTE:  CWS challenges do not have many "Guidelines", but please read and follow the few we do have to be eligible to win.


Challenges:
Crafty catz #388 - anything goes
Crafty Hazelnuts #355 - anything goes/opt. stripes
Sweet stampin - sparkle and shine
HeARTful stamping - anything goes
Glitter 'n' sparkle #261 - anything goes
A bit more time to craft #54 - anything goes
Creatalicious #125 - anything goes/opt. Halloween

11 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the skates!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Monika Reeck said...

I love the shoe on your card Billie
love that tiny snowflakes too
lovely soft coloring on the shoe
and love that sentiment placement
great DT card my friend
sorry not around at blogland
I was looking a concert and yesterday was my friend from Indonesia visit Munich I walk around with her and her Cousine :)
hugs
Monika

Donna Nuce said...

Love the direction you took with this challenge. Such a cute winter card. Have a great day.

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz this week

Helen F. said...

Fabulous idea for the shoe 'challenge', Billie! Love the design you created here.
PS: I wish I thought of using my one old, $1 Spot, wooden shoe-skate stamp ~ could have added to the winter/Christmas cards that I have to get-to-makin' :-D

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sammy said...

great card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

pst said...

Great card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Creatalicious. We hope to see you back again.

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

I love how you created this card Billie especially the addition of the snow flakes and that glitter washi tape! Hugs Gwendolyn, your fellow DT member.

Dorlene Durham said...

I love your card. I love how the skates take over the background piece without being too full. Dorlene DT Teammie!

Lilian said...

What a fun card for the Holidays! Super pretty!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio