Saturday, June 10, 2017

YOU see the best in me -

Saturday June 10, 2017
 
So last Saturday my friend Karen and I went to the Scrapbook/card Expo a few towns over from us..
 
We took a class there from Art Anthology.. I like her style of card.. (she said she really doesn't make cards but for the class she did.. she does canvas mixed media art.. beautiful art pieces) In fact I should of taken a photo of the card we made but I did not make it into a card. I just pinned it to my Bulletin Board as the large flower that is on it will never make it in the mail and I just liked it too much so keeping it. Maybe some other time I will photo it..
 
We did have three cards to make but only got the one I am not showing 75% done. The other two just the water color inked. So this is one of them.. The background is sprays from Art Anthology which are beautiful and I used a couple teals, a yellow and a green. I just dried it and brought it home. So now it was hummm what will I create with this inked piece????
Well I bought one of her stencils and so I took my Nuvo paste in pink and silver and went all over the stencil then lifted it off.. WA-LA.. this is what I got. As it dried it got prettier and prettier... So I cut it down a little and added it to black card stock. I then used My Favorite Things YOU die and laid it out and heat embossed in white the sentiment and layered it over the YOU.. I added some Stampin up sequins/pearls..  Wow I hope you can see the shine and pretty colors behind.. This card is so pretty..
Now what will I do with the other card base???
 
Challenges:
Ooh la la #230 - pearls
Crafty sentiments - anything goes
Everybody art #404 - anything goes
Penny's paper-crafty #332 - quick and easy
Crafty creations #343 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 286-287 - anything goes
Crafty gals corner #126 - emboss it
Moving along with the times #47 - embossing wet/dry (white sentiment)
Jo's scrap shack #192 - anything goes
Crafty catz #374 - anything goes/opt. die/punch
Color crazy wk. 23 - anything goes
HeARTful stamping - coloring






11 comments:

Jenny L said...

HI Billie,
oh what a very gorgeous card and such a lovely and super design.
It sure shines and looks so very lovely.
Super inked background also.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge with this.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Janette said...

It's gorgeous Billie and love the sheen on the card, so glad you have joined us again at CraftyCatz this week...x

Unknown said...

This is a really stunning card. I love the pearl effect over the fun colors. I love the stencil used. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations! Ciao, Lisa

Wynn said...

Wow!! What a great design. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL challenges Wynn DT

Wendy L said...

Very unusual and very pretty, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

This background ist sooooo awesome! Love it :)

Linby said...

It turned out beautifully - great placement of those pearls - I'm sure the other piece will find a layout too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OLL.
Lynn x
DT

laurigami said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
Laurigami

carol said...

lovely card, Thanks for playing along with us this week at CRAFTY CATZ , x Carol

Monika Reeck said...

wow NUVO Paste
cooooll
in pink and silver looks like this really cooollll
I love the effect
cool YOU and love the added other sentiment
this is winner card Billie
cooolll!!

Cards by Beckie said...

A great colouring card. Thank you for sharing at MAWTT. Beckie x