Sunday, June 18, 2017

Showered with love

Sunday June 18, 2017
 
Good day and happy fathers day.. My father passed away 13 years ago and I miss him daily.
My sons are fathers and of course my husband is a father..
 
Well Friday was the last day of Camp Create at My Favorite Things.. I played along each day and even did the bonus. This was a lot of fun.  And the challenge for Friday was glitter. I have a big box of Art Institute glitter so it was fun to break it out and create my card. The video at MFT showed adding double sided tape to card stock and then die cut your image out, then remove one side of the tape and add your glitter and burnish it into the tape..
 
 
This is my card. I used my cloud template and Ranger inks to create the background sky.. I then die cut the umbrella out and removed the tape and added the glitter using some pleasing colors.. OH First I cut out the solid umbrella piece and added silver glitter all over it.. Then when I cut out the sections of the umbrella I used the pink, blue and gold glitter and added the pieces in top of the silver glitter so that the silver would show through. It gives a nice dividing line. I added glitter to the handle. I then used Ranger ink and another MFT stamp set and stamped the hearts and sentiment. I then adhered the handle and used foam dots for the umbrella piece. I added the 1/2 pearl  to the top of the umbrella.  I added Wink of Stella to the hearts.  I do like the look and in real life this has so much sparkle. Very pretty look.


Challenges:
Deep ocean #157 - die cut/punch/chip board
Creatalicious #117 - anything goes/opt. die cut/punches
My Favorite Things - glitter
The ribbon girl - any image
Crafty catz #375 - anything goes/opt. dots/stripes
Artistic inspirations #181 - anything goes/opt. dies/stencils






5 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Billie!! I love how you have placed the umbrella and the hearts look fab! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

Sweet card. Thank you for sharing at Artistic Inspirations. Vicki= DT

Karen B. said...

This is such a fun card, and a lovely idea! The cloud background is amazing.

Monika Reeck said...

ooh so ssweeeettttt
love the so many heart rain there
and lovely cloud with splatter
love the umbrella in glitter cool effect Billie.
love all the sparkle on this card
sweeett and beautiful card Billie

Naomi Johnson said...

Fabulous card. Love the textures you've created. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x