Wednesday, June 28, 2017

My first bible journaling page

Wednesday June 28, 2017
 
I have been watching bible journaling for quite while and love how people are so creative and knew I wanted to do this. 
 I have been going to a bible study group and was talking to a couple of the ladies that do the bible journaling and they get together a couple times a month to just do bible journaling.
So I went to her house and she had some photos of different images that went with certain verses. Well some are quite detailed and some are simpler. Since this was my first attempt I went with simple plus I liked this one better. It spoke to me at the time.
I started by creating the cross first with just a ruler. Drawing out the cross. Then I drew on the vine and then drew on some flowers and leaves. They are colored with colored pencils. I don't want anything to bleed through the thin paper and I didn't want to do the gesso trick. So this is what I created. I tried to keep it simple but have fun. Sure it's probably not proportioned right but this is new to me and I am not an artist with training. I do love it and look forward to the next get together.
This bible also has pages where you can color in the printed images, scriptures that came with the bible. It is a journaling bible so if I did not want to draw in the bible I could still color.. but I do like to create my own pieces. I will probably post my next creative piece.  Hope you enjoy this and or I inspired you. That is how I got inspired by watching videos and seeing others posting their creative art pages.
 

Challenges:
Pause dream enjoy #178 - anything but a card
Word art Wednesday wk. 288-289 - anything goes
Cards und more #187 - anything but a card
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
The house that stamps built #J2817 - anything goes
Allsorts wk. 421 - flower power






11 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!! The cross looks amazing with the vines and flowers!! So creative and beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous. I love it. Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
~Owner/DT Janis

Wendy L said...

This is very pretty,thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xx

Jackie C said...

Smashing work here! Thanks for sharing at PDE, Jackie, DT member.

Patti J said...

Billie, I love this! You've done a wonderful job! All of your cards are beautiful too...thanks for sharing them! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! You did a fabulous job for your first Bible Journaling page! I, too, am a Bible Journaler... I love how it helps me to get into God's Word.

Thank you for sharing your first page with us at PDE Linky Party!

Zora said...

A gorgeous book page. Thanks for your participation in Cards und More challange. Hope to se you in outher next challange. //Zora

Heather said...

Well, I think it is fabulous!! I love the flower vines twining around the cross. Awesome job for your first attempt! Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.

Michelle said...

Hi Billie,
I love how you made this cross on you bible journaling page. It is lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous! Love it. Thank you for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Donna said...

Tis is just amazing! glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built! Donna Repeat Impressions DT