Monday June 12, 2017
I don't know about you but I seem to notice that blogger has changed the fonts to really really small. I look at some challenge blogs and cant even read it because it's so small. I noticed on mine after posting that it's tiny so now I will be making my blogs postings larger print so everyone can read it.. you might want to check out your blog.. can you read it?
Ok remember I said I made three background pieces from Art Anthology?? well I showed one that I completed with just the background sprays from Art Anthology last Saturday..
Now this is the third one.
. I sprayed in class the Art Anthology sprays in teal, orange, yellow and green.. I then took some paste she had and using a stencil added some swirls in red and some green blobs.. Well I dried it and thought this will NEVER be a card as I hated the red swirls and green blobs..
So not wanting to waste anything I went to work last night on what can I do to save this...
I took out a small alphabet stamp and stamped over the background in a few areas (you can see at the top left side) then I still didn't like it so took some texture paste and a circle stencil and added it to the card.. OK looking better... LOL. well in her little envelope she gave us was this script piece, tag and thread... So I tore the paper and spritzed it with Dylusion sprays.. NOW that was a bad idea.. but thank goodness there is another side to the script.. LOL so I added a little pink from a Q-tip that I had just cleaned out a copic lid with rubbing alcohol (..killing time for the paste to dry).. I took the pink tip since it was till wet with alcohol/copic mess and ran it over the script.. OK I like this.. I then took the tag and tore off the bottom third and spritzed with Dylusions spray (I am quick to forgive or is it forget - since the first spray on the script) and then I took some Nuvo paste and ran my finger in it and ran it across the tag in different areas. I took the thread she included and wrapped it around the tag. I adhered the script down and the tag.. OK it was missing something.. so I took a scrap of water color paper and a great sentiment from Paper Trey Ink and heat embossed it in black.. I then took Ranger ink and water brush and went over the water color with the green. I adhered this to the tag and took some black Ranger ink watered down and did the splatters all over. I added this piece to a white card base.. I am liking. I love this type of art and need to do more.. I just get to scared but I think it turned out great.. Now you can hardly see the red swirls or green blobs..
Simon Wednesday - masculine
Word art Wednesday wk. 286-287 - anything goes
Cute card Thursday #481 - boys/men
Moving along with the times #47 - embossing wet/dry (black sentiment)
Crafty catz #374 - anything goes/opt. die/punch
heARTful stamping - masculine
Simon Monday - touchy feely
Crafting from the heart #163 - anything goes
Artistic inspirations #181 - anything goes/opt. dies/stencils