Monday, May 01, 2017

May 2017 calendar page

Monday May 1 2017
 
I post ever year my calendar pages that I make with a group of ladies from Wisconsin. I have never met them I only got in this group by my friend and fellow crafter Karen. She knows them from when she lived over by them.  I usually do two months.. But since I am RETIRED I don't need one for work and home.. So this time I am only making one and May is the month I chose. I have noticed not all women use the month image/theme (like hearts for Valentines) to go with the month so I decided this time not to use a May theme. I am loving these crazy birds by Tim Holtz and couldn't pass up using it for my calendar page.. I found this awesome sentiment from Dylusion and cut it apart and added it to the page. I liked the happy smile it will bring throughout May "you can't skip and be unhappy at the same time"..  We make twelve pages all the same. I water colored the background on water color Strathmore paper using Ranger inks (of course each page looks different) I love the way each 12 pages came out. So colorful and interesting. I then colored the bird with the smooth Strathmore paper and Inktense water color pencils and added a little heart under her wing and around the sentiment. We all send our pages to Maggie and she will lay them out and bind them and she sends our 2017 calendars back to us who are far away.. (It's always fun seeing what all the other girls did for their month and you get a whole month to enjoy it.  I hope you enjoy seeing my page.  
 
 


Challenges:
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
Crafty creations #340 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 280-281 - anything goes
The sisterhood of crafters -"letter B" (bird, blue, black, binding, beak, brown
Crafty girls creations #35 - anything goes
Crafty catz #368 - anything goes/opt. no dp
Scrapping 4 fun #89 - anything goes/opt. insw
Crafty catz - bright
Colour crazy wk. 17 - anything goes
Sweet stampin - show us funny
Dragonfly journey #91 - color spring sweetness
Inkspirational #133 - graffiti
Artistic inspirations #178 - anything goes/opt. brown-cream
A bit more time to craft #43 - anything goes






9 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Billie you are so good at making Background and so many lovely splatter there
I am not so good better I choose CAS design
I am afraid my card get to the trash bin but you are the best at making BG with Distress Ink Billie
Love this birdie so cuute calendar
hugs
Monika

Darlene said...

OMG Billie ... this is so much fun and so awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘The Letter B’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Lia said...

I like every detail on your work: from background to the sentiments!
Lia DT S4F

Terri's Cards N More said...

Very nice calendar page. Love the bird and sentiment. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "The Letter B" challenge.

K M Meena Herale said...

Stunning work. Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena S4F DT

Sammy said...

I do love those birds! Fab calendar Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

cm said...

Your crafting group sounds like a ton of fun, even if you haven't met them in person. Your May calendar page is fantastic; you've showcased your Crazy Bird wonderfully and oh, how marvelous is that sentiment! Makes me want to go skipping down the block! I can just imagine how fabulous the other 11 pages must be! So thrilled you shared your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol

Creaine said...

wow great work! very nice. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Jeannie said...

Hi Billie! LOVE this crazy bird and the background too. Your sentiment and the hearts are just perfect. Thanks so much for joining my blog challenge.

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys
http://dragonflyjourneys.blogspot.com/