Saturday, May 13, 2017

Happy Fathers Day

Saturday May 13, 2017
 
Ok so I went on Pinterest to find some ideas for Father's day cards... OH my there are some awesome ones. I saved some and took their ideas to create my own card.  I will be using more and more.. Masculine cards are hard for me to make.. I don't know who made them on Pinterest but I THAK YOU!!
 My father passed away 14 years ago so I have a hard time making Fathers day cards. My dad meant the world to me. It's so hard to lose a parent. 
 So for this card I used some My minds eye papers that looks like wood panels and cut them to fit across the card. I then took my Simon Says feather die and cut out feathers from scraps. I used a piece of twine to bind them together. I also used foam dots behind to give more depth. I stamped Simon Says Happy fathers day.. I used some silver Nuvo drops in a few places on the card.  I am liking..   
 

Challenges:
Deep ocean #154 - anything goes
Artistic inspiration #178 - anything goes/ opt. brown/cream
Use your stuff #263 - feathers
Color throw-down #442 - colors
Word art Wednesday wk. 282-283 - anything goes
Cute card Thursday #477 - punches/dies
Jo's scrap shack #188 - anything goes/opt. 2 or more dp.
Crafty catz #370 - anything goes /opt. mirror card
Pause Dream Enjoy #172 - cards
My time to craft #345 - masculine









6 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the woodgrain papers. Very masculine! Thanks for sharing with us again at Word Art Wednesday this week!! Blessings!

Jackie C said...

Pure class! Thanks for linking at PDE, Jackie DT member xx

Janis Lewis said...

Love that wood paper! Cute! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
~Owner/DT Janis

Jac’s Playground said...

Fabulous card, love the paper and the feathers looks fab, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Jo said...

Great card. Love the elements.
Thanks for playing along at My Time To Craft :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great man card! Love the feathers! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!