Saturday, May 13, 2017

Happy Birthday shaker - Catch the bug

Saturday May 13, 2017
 
Welcome to our Saturday challenge at Catch the bug... The theme for this week is SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL.. make a shaker card, inter active card.
 
 
You can fine the image I used in the Bugaboo store.. he is  Sign it boy balloons  
I cut out the sign part with scissors  so I had the open area. I added the acetate and then cut a My favorite things scallop die for the frame and HB words. I used Ranger orange ink and Dylsions number stamps for the background and went over it with blue Ranger because the orange was so bright and I needed to tone it down. I filled the shaker part with sequins, small beads and other small pieces. I layered the Happy and Birthday three times and adhered it to the acetate. I colored the image with copics and went over the balloons with Glossy accents.
I'm still not a fan of making shaker cards.. I need to watch more U-tube videos to get a better way to create. Looking sideways at the card is not pretty.. I think I need to add the foam tape in longer strips all around the outside THEN do around the shaker part of the frame. That way it would look cleaner looking sideways.  


Challenges:
Artistic inspirations #178 - anything goes/opt. brown/cream
Ooh la la #228 - something starting with "B" (boy, balloons, beads, birthday, blue, brown)
Deep ocean #154 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 282-283 - anything goes
Fab 'n' funky #350 - kids / teenagers birthdays
Cute card Thursday #477 - punches/dies
Crafty catz #370 - anything goes /opt. mirror card
My time to craft #345 - masculine








5 comments:

Jane Willis said...

I love this - that glorious mixture of sprinkles and sparkles in the shaker gives it a real party feel! Thanks for sharing at Ooh La La Creations
Jane

Pat said...

Great shaker card with a cute image, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fun shaker card Billie! A perfect entry for our 'Kids and Teenagers' challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with the Fab 'n' Funky team and I hope we'll see you back again really soon. Love what you did for the challenge! Hugs, Wends xoxo Fab 'n' Funky DT

Troppostella said...

Wwwwoooowww :-))) Lovely card!

Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Fab'n'Funky! Good luck :-)))
Troppo Stella DT

Monika Reeck said...

cute cuteee little boy on this card
and my I ASK which dies sentiment is it so sweet and not too big for a card
I love the number BG too
sweet shaker Billie
you can good at shaker card too yaay