Sunday, May 14, 2017

happy birthday - Catch the bug Stella Says sketch challenge

Sunday May 14, 2017
 
Hello and hope you are having a great weekend and a wonderful blessed Mothers day.  I know I will be getting calls from my children who are out of state and my son and daughter in law will take us out to dinner.  We live about 2 hours away but they come down here.  I hope you are with loved ones.
 
Well we have a new Sketch at Catch the bug for our Stella Says Sketch challenge #510.. You can turn the card or keep it as it is and play along. 
 


This is the sketch

For my card I wanted to use this image..Bug punky kidz  So I was digging through a pile of scraps on my desk and found this awesome XOXOXO paper and thought ok this is what I want to use. I trimmed it down a little and then used a Simon Says triangle image and Ranger inks and did the strip above. I then took and OLD Dot's stamp and stamped Happy Birthday. I colored the image with copics, I added white gel pen to a few areas and Spectrum Noir pen to the blue dotted items. I added a Stampin up butterfly and added pearls down the body. I mounted the image on foam dots.. Oh the border around her was with a ruler and copic pen so it looks like it's mounted on a peachy piece of card stock.. but no it's just copic pen giving that effect.
I hope you are inspired to play along and if you need more inspiration head over to CTB and see what the DT created.


Challenges:
Ooh la la #228 - something beginning with "B" (bow, butterfly, brown, blooms, birthday)
Cards und more #184 - cards for women
Deep ocean #154 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - going dotty
Fab 'n' funky #350 - kid/teenager birthday
Word art Wednesday wk. 282-283 - anything goes
4 crafty chicks #350 - celebrate women
Cute card Thursday #477 - punches/dies
Moving along with the times #45 - butterflies
Crafty catz #370 - anything goes /opt. mirror card
Scrapping 4 fun #90 - ladies
A gem of a challenge #194 - spring fever
Crazy 4 challenges #385 - green/emerald green






17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card! Have a brilliant day, Jo x

Natalie said...

Very cute card, Billie! Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for sharing with us again at Word Art Wednesday this week!! Blessings!

Jane Willis said...

What a fun card! I might need to get that image, if only for the look on the little cat's face, which really completes it for me. Thanks for sharing again at Ooh La La
Jane

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again. Always fab colouring Billie
AuntySue

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

Great card!! Thanks for submitting with Crazy 4 Challenges~ Vicki DT

Diana said...

She is adorble!!!! Love it

Thank you for joining our Challenge at Scrapping4funChallenges, good luck!
Looking forward to see you at the next challenge

X
Diana
DT Scrapping4funChallenges
Diana's Creations

Janis Lewis said...

So cute! Love your cards. Thanks for sharing at Moving Along with the Times.
~DT Janis

The Crafty Bat said...

Such a cute card. I love the colours you have gone with on this card :)
Thank you for joining in at Scrapping4FunChallenges. Good Luck xx
Kelly (DT Scrapping4FunChallenges)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card thanks for playing at agoac

Troppostella said...

Wwwwoooowww :-))) I love this card!

Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Fab'n'Funky! Good luck :-)))
Troppo Stella DT

Nance said...

Fabulous card, Billie! Great colors and such a cute image! Thanks for sharing it at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Unknown said...

What a cute card! Love the fun colors and your copic border!


Thanks for sharing with Scrapping4Fun Challenges!

Carrie :)
dearzae.com

Jo Ann said...

Cute card! Thank you for joining us here at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will link more projects with us soon. Leaving you with the inspiration of the scripture in II Thessalonians 3:3 (KJV) " But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil." God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Craft buddy said...

Such a fun image, I love that little sentiment as well. Thanks for joining us at Moving Along with the Times this week. x Jessie

Monika Reeck said...

yaayy she is sweet
and lovely cat too
and the hair color oooh I LOVE
love the DP too
and always love your coloring
great card again my frend

Maikreations said...

Such a cute image and a great card ;o) Thank you for joining our "Women's Card" challenge over at the Cards und More blog. Happy crafting and all the best, Maike

nocne życie said...

Hey?
Beautiful work, wonderful colors, and digi sensational.
Thank you for taking the challenge on Scrapping4funChallenge
Agnieszka DT