Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Happy birthday - Stampavie and More #288

Wednesday May 31, 2017
 
Welcome to a new challenge at Stampavie and More #288
It's my time to chose the theme so I chose PLAID..  Our challenges run for two weeks so I hope you play along. I love plaid.. I have made quilts with plaids because I love the variety and the look. Same goes with cards.. papers. LOVE them.
 
 
This is my card.. I made the PLAID background. I used my Kuretake Gansai paints on water color paper. I used a wide and narrow paint brush and various colors. When it was done it felt like it was missing something so I took my black Sharpie pen and just drew various black lines.(using a ruler as a straight line guide)  Then I liked it.. I wish you could see this in person. I have to admit it's stunning.  I then thought what color flower do I want to do.. so I found a Paper Trey Ink flower stamp and die and grabbed some Stampin up inks and stamped and die cut the flowers. I used Stampin up leave die. The sentiment is from PTI. I finished off with Nuvo drops in teal.. I mounted it on a piece of yellow card stock.. The black is just backing for photo shot.. It's not a part of the card.  Check out the Design Teams PLAID creations.  


Challenges:
Word art Wednesday wk. 284-285 - anything goes
Crafty catz #372 - anything goes /opt. make own flowers
QKR stampede #245 - birthday
Creative fingers #131 - anything goes
A gem of a challenge #195 - for boy or man
Glitter 'n' sparkle #241 - anything goes
HeARTful stamping - anything goes
AAA cards #91 - happy birthday
Crafting from the heart #161 - anything goes
The crazy challenge #249 - birthday
Artistic inspirations #180 - anything goes/opt. flowers
Die cuttin divas #319 - anything goes (flowers/leaves)
Through the craft-room door - anything goes
Everybody art #404 - anything goes
Crafting by design - anything goes
Penny's paper-crafty #331 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
Creative moments #119 - birthday






12 comments:

Jane said...

Such super bright and cheerful colours, great checkered background. Thanks for joining in with AAA Cards 3rd birthday celebrations.

Cicci said...

So beutiful creation and a wonderful design!!! Love the colours you have on this!! Its really are a wonderful card!!!

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit my blog}
Through The Craft Room Door

karalschuknecht said...

The background is wonderful, great job with the plaid! Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. Karal DT

crafty said...

Very nice cheery card. Thank you for joining us at QKR Stampede this week.
Mary

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Billie, fantastic job on that plaid paper! I want to thank you for entering our "Anything Goes/Birthday" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Seija said...

It'S a so wonderful colorful Birthday Card, Looks very cool! Thanks for joinung us at EAC. Michi

Monika Reeck said...

wowzaaa I have to try make my own Plaid with Kuretake Ganzai Tambi too looks sooo funtastic on your card Billie wooooww
Love the bright flower too and love the leaves too
love the sentiment
this is cherry and happy card my friend
I hope you like to hop on other post of mine my friend I miss you on some post...hope you have time hehe if not .....is ok...I always happy to read your true comment my friend
hugs
Monika

L.B. said...

The colors....so so wonderful and bright. Thanks for playing along with DCD this week and our Anything Goes challenge.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this pretty and vibrant plaid and the flowers re a perfect match. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Coralynn Murray said...

Fabulous background and lovely flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Gayatri said...

The plaid background is gorgeous. Great work. Thanks so much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Ceal said...

Fabulous card! thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!