Monday, March 02, 2015

Week 1 - Monika and Billie challenge for each other / words background

Monday March 2, 2015
 
I have met through blog-land quite awhile back a dear friend Monika Reeck from Creative with Monika. She lives in Germany - from Indonesia. I always comment on her cards and on how she makes her own background on her cards. She has so many creative ideas. She said with the cost of designer papers over seas being so expensive that she makes her own background. So with that being said she said why don't we - between the two of us.. make a card each week without designer paper. Well now, that is a good challenge for me.. I have enough designer paper to bury myself in and believe me when I made my card, I kept going to my scraps stash.. slap my hand ... no no NO!!! 
 
This is week 1 for a challenge that Monika and I are doing.. To help me use more of my stamps and not digi or designer papers and for both of us to learn and try different things.. again with out designer paper --Yeek  can I do it? .. Week 1 Monika will choose and Week 2 I will choose..
 
Monika's choice for week 1 is to make a background using only words and then the sentiment layered onto the card. See sample below..
 

Well I made a card and then tore it up.. I just hated it. I did not even try to save anything off of it I hated it so much..  But I am loving my second try. I really like the color choices I used and the fun sentiment.  I did learn on this to draw a light line so that your words are in a row and not so angled. I like that it's more personal because it's my own design vs. dp making any kind of statement.  Thanks Monika for encouraging me. Week 1 was a lot of fun.
I hope you leave a comment on my blog and also take time to head over to Monika's blog and see her card and leave her some love.  Now to decide what to do for week 2 ..and hide my dp's..


Challenges:
Sentimental Sunday #248 - atg
Glitter n sparkle #126 - atg
Corrosive challenge #219 - follow your heart
Lil patch of crafty friends #5 - atg
That craft place - mothers day / or atg
Craft your passion #251 - atg
Simon says - just a hint of clover (used ranger green and card stock green)
Crafts galore encore March - atg
One crazy stamper March - atg

recipe: Kraft, scrap, mft bg words, pti sentiment, mme enamel heart, ranger inks, hero arts black




15 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Fantabulous Billie
it looks not PLAIN
it looks wonderfull
Love to do challenge with you Billie...
Lovely card again and love the color combo...
Let us challenge again next week :)
Hugs from Germany,

Monika

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful sentiment Ginny x

Angel said...

I love the colors you chose! Such a pretty card and a sweet sentiment! I'm so thrilled that that y'all chose my card to CASE! :)

Unknown said...

Great. Card and so nice that. You are creating your own backgrounds certanly is a challenge and sounds as if you and Monicaare having lots of fun. Thanks for joining at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and look forward to seeing you back with soon. Jennifer DT member

Unknown said...

Very neat card! Love your color combo Billie!
Nina-Marie :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wonderful!!!! I use to make my own especially when I could get anything else to work. Your card is fabulous! Yal to ladies have a fun thing going on. If I wasn't so busy trying to catch up cards, I would join in...hey...I still might. I'll head over to Monkia's blog now.

Peanut said...

That color combo is a fave of mine. I like that you used big bold letters that fill the space.
hugs, Asha

Michelle said...

Very nice I like the colours.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Hope we see you again a next challenge.
xxx Michelle

Desire Fourie said...

Billie this is another wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sandra said...

Such a fun card! Love the background and the color combo! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Tanvi said...

Such an adorable card! Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion#251. Hope to see you again!

Betty J Schaub said...

Seems our mutual friend Monika put you to the task. But boy! Did you ever do a great job? I'll say so. Such a cute card!

Sharon Smith said...

fabulous idea thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck with the challenge xxx

Shari said...

Such a great card! LOVE the Hugs and Kisses background and the sentiment is beautiful! Great Card!
Thank you for joining us this month at OCS for our Anything Goes Challenge, good luck!
Hugs;
Shari G.

Gemma said...

Lovely card I love the colours
Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything goes for March challenge #3
Good luck
Gemma xx