Friday, March 20, 2015

Catch the bug / Bugaboo Free Friday / Thinking of you

Friday March 20, 2015
 
Free Friday at Catch the bug  and you'll find this cutie in the Bugaboo store
 
 
This is the Free Friday called ASTRONAUT    and I wanted to have him look like he is in space so I used some watercolor paper and my Kuretake Garsai Tambi paints and just kept applying the paints and drying and adding and drying till I got the effect I wanted. I then watered down some white paint and used a paint brush and splattered to get a sky full of stars.  I wish it looked as good on the computer as it does in the real.. I had this great sentiment from My Favorite Things that went perfect for the image also the rocket is from MFT.  I embossed some paper till I got a nice smooth look in silver and die cut the rocket out, I did the same with the flame but hand cut it out. Gave a nice added touch of space to the card.
 

Challenges:
Come and get it - make your own background
Lil patch of crafty friends #6 - atg
Use your stuff #177 - create your own background
OLLCB #176 - fashion - any kind
Shopping our stash #193 - I made this / create your own background
Word art Wednesday #175 - atg
Scrappers delights #43 - atg
Sassy studio #273 - atg

recipe: autronaut/bugaboo, kuretake paints, white paint, mft die, mft sentiment, glitter, su base, copics, ss silver and gold embossing powder




19 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Just great....you really made him look like he is in space...what a great job. I need to case you and send to my brother.

Cynthia said...

I LOVE the background that you've created for this week's freebie, Billie. It is perfect!

N-Eva said...

Your card makes me smile....loving this cute image. Such a sweet project .Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Monika Reeck said...

Your BG amazingly
Love that watercolor too and you made great BG with it (I have never try..only used Tim Holtz Distress Ink so far)I think I must have a try ..cute Image and great rocket in silver Billie..you always have match sentiment..cute n sweet boy card Billie..luv this..hugs.Monika

andree said...

A great card, fab design and sentiment. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree (DT)

bonnie32002 said...

Fabulous background! My husband is a scfi nut, he'd love a card like this!

Michelle Looi said...

Fun fun work! Such a cute card!
Thanks for sharing what you could create for the background, at Use Your Stuff!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Billie this is both fabulous and fun that is a great image a brilliant design, thank you for joining us at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS
hugs
lorraine x

Chana Malkah said...

Fun creation and your background is awesome! Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Pia S said...

Love your own made background, it really looks like he's out of space. Great choice of sentiment too!

Denise Goeldner said...

Awesome card, love the background you created and image is great. Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafting Friends, wish you luck and hope to see you for C#7.
~ Denise ~
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

* Shell B.* said...

Super cute card, your rocked that background for the astronaut!

Glad that you could join us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

karalschuknecht said...

Such a cute card any young boy would love this one. Thanks for joining us this week at Sassy Studio Designs.
Karal SSD DT

Lori said...

Oh my gosh - this card is adorable! I love the background you created and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!
Lori - UYSDT

AJ Bodine said...

This is so super cute, I saw your card over on LilPatch and had to come over and comment. I'm also your newest follower :)

SweetScraps said...

Great design, love the images, and how everything works so well together including your DIY background! Thanks for playing at Use Your Stuff!

Kim Kelley said...

Too funny. Perfect sentiment with the image. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Janice said...

A super card design and a great Bugaboo worthy of a comment, not sure how fashionable she is for our Ooh La La challenge - but I'll check out the High Street and see if I'm missing the new craze! Lovey work! Jx

Cathy P said...

TOTALLY adorable, Billie! Love ever single detail including your background and the size of your image!! Thanks for linking up with us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Cathy xx