Sunday, March 08, 2015

Week 2 of Billie and Monika background - BOKEH

Monday March 9, 2015
 
oops I posted too soon.. sorry Monika
 
Week 2  Billie and Monika  background   My choice BOKEH (sounds like bouquet)
 
Well I survived week 1 of the background challenge between Monika and myself.  For week 2 we are challenging each other to do a BOKEH technique.. Now I did not even know what it was as Monika mentioned it.. So I went to my favorite source of info... U-TUBE..  What an awesome look and technique.  This is my first try.. This is my third try the first two were with darker colors and my first one I made too many white spots and it overtook and lost the look I was trying to get. The second one just too many again.. So back to U-TUBE and watch a few different videos and went back to my craft room while it was fresh in my head. Went with lighter colors and less white spots, kind a kept with 3 large, 3 medium, and I think about 5 smaller ones and a couple of really tiny ones. It's suppose to have that look you see in photography with bubble backgrounds.. It's hard to explain.. suggest U-TUBE.  I used water color paper and three re-inkers watered down. I wet the water color paper and then dropped with my paint brush the spots of ink and let it move around on it's own. You want to cover the whole water color paper.. Also remember let it go on dark because when it dries it softens out and it's not as dark. I let it dry overnight and the next night I took a piece of x-ray film and my circle dies and die cut the circles so I had a template. Then take your white ink pad and sponge dauber and placed the circle template over it and daubed the circles to get the effect below. I then let it dry again overnight and next night added the sentiment and sequins.  I layered it onto a black, green, and curry card base.  I will be doing this again.. I will also still use my rejects on some other cards as I cant throw anything away and it would make for a nice background with an image over it so you cant tell the mistakes..
 
Please go over to Monika's blog and see her BOKEH card. 
 


Challenges:
Artistic inspirations #126 - atg w/twist of green
Party time Tuesday #196 - atg
Scrappers delights #42 - atg
Word art Wednesday #173 - atg
Allsorts #301 - spring is in the air (spring colors)
Sweet stampin - green for st patricks day
Creative fingers #70 - atg
QKR stampede #129 - bring on the green
Pile it on #59 - green
613 Avenue create #114 - atg /opt twist aquamarine
A*muse - green

recipe: stampin up card stock, water color paper, simon says sentiment, sequins, su re-inkers positively pink, kiwi kiss, crushed curry, black hero arts





12 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

As you already posted it on Sunday its Ok I posted it also on Sunday Billie hehehe
I love this your third try BOKEH color...
so sweeett and wonderfull..and great idea to make stencil self I did not think about it I only used my circle stamp Billie..I should try again and maybe we make week.... with Bokeh Part II hehehe
Adorable Bokeh card simple and sweet card...I LOVE THIS
hugs, Monika

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow -the colors on this card turned out fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

bonnie32002 said...

I looked at both yours and Monika's cards, both are wonderful. I have a couple of friends that I do challenges with and it's pretty fun and makes you stretch your creative wings!

Wendy L said...

Definately spring colours, lovely card,thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

brenda said...

A beautiful creation and just perfect for my Spring theme Billie.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

NanaConnie said...

This is so beautifully done, Billie! Love the colors. I'm so tickled to see you playing along in our QKR Stampede "Bring on the Green" challenge this week. Good luck and hope to see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Julie said...

Love how you are trying new backgrounds. Thanks something I need to try. Thanks for joining us at Scrapper's Delights.
Julie T

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Brilliant Bokeh style card for our green challenge at Sweet Stampin'.

Love
Maarit

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful card.Love the color. Thank you for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for our Green Challenge,
Karal DT

Debs said...

Fabulous card - brillinat background technique.
Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this time - good luck.
Debs xx

Thordis said...

Beautiful Bokeh background. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :)

Cards By MI said...

What a great looking card! Thanks for joining us over at PTT this month!
Love n hugs
Marie