Sunday, September 01, 2019

Red leaves - oragne leaves - Creative with Stamps #42 Autumn

Sunday September 1, 2019
 
Hello.. It's September 1st so we have another month long
challenge over at Creative with Stamps #42
Our theme this month is AUTUMN
 
Note: CWS challenges to not have many "guidelines", but please read and follow the few we do have to be eligible to win.
 

Digging through my stamps I saw this Technique Tuesday sentiment and thought perfect. So I grabbed my Stampin up stamps and dies and stamped on watercolor paper. I then used my Mission gold watercolor paints and went for the red/orange/yellow and gold leaves.. I then cut them out. I used the leftover paints and took another piece of watercolor paper and created the background and dried. I then took red and black and did the splatters. Dried that then I took Versa mark and wiped it on the edges and dipped into embossing powder and heat embossed. I stamped the sentiment on some Quick quote scraps and heat embossed in the same powder from Simon Says. I used Spellbinder rectangle die to cut it out. Once I was ready to put the card together, I thought the leaves needed a hint of gold so I took Kuretake gold watercolor paint and went over the leaves and dried. You can barely notice it. I then laid out the sentiment and images and put a few leaves right on the background and a few on foam dots. I added a few twine bows to the stems. I am not ready for autumn.. but I guess more ready for it then winter.. lol.
Challenges:
Hand stamped Sentiments #322 - photo
Penny's paper crafty #445 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 402-403 - anything goes
As you like it - favorite way to add sentiment - I love to emboss and frame the sentiment so it fits with the image.






9 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Those leaves are gorgeous and a great background. Love the embossed sentiment.

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty card! Lovely for the coming Autumn! Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you can join us again soon.

Dorlene Durham said...

Beautiful leaves for this card. It’s a great Autumn card!!

Creations in paper said...

Very pretty card! Love the gold edging on the front panel. Will have to remember to do that. Thanks for playing with us at HSS. Hope you will play again.

Robbie

Squirrel x said...

This is really great, thanks so much for sharing your make with us for this AYLI challenge. See you again soon! Squirrel Xx

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the spattered background and the embossed sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, love the embossed edges!

Monika Reeck said...

The leaves and the way you colored it so adorable Billie
love that sentiment too
so cool
great splatter too
beautiful autumn card
hugs
Monika