Sunday, November 11, 2018

Don't let life ruffle your feathers

Sunday November 11, 2018
 
 
I  wanted to make a turkey card so I looked through my stamps..
Ok out of all the stamps I have... do I have a TURKEY stamp???.. nope.. But I have chicken stamps an flowers stamps.. So I checked out some of the chicken stamps and found this cute Reverse Confetti couple.. I then went through stamp and of course my first thought was My favorite things.. yup there was an awesome perfect couple of flowers that would make awesome feathers.. So I stamped the birds and cut them out with the dies, I then used Altenew ink and stamped the flowers and die cut out. I colored the chicks ... I mean turkeys with copics. I then added the feathers. I sat those aside and using my cloud and ground template and Ranger inks I created the background. I added some grass to the bottom edge. I laid out the turkeys and they looked lonely so I used Sugar pea stump and stamped and die cut and colored with copics.. Perfect. I added the smaller bird on it and then used Tech. Tues. sentiments... I think I pulled it off. What do you think??
 
 
Challenges:
A bit more time to craft #79 - anything goes
Creative moments #156 - anything goes/opt. use as much white as possible
Word art Wednesday wk. 360-361 - anything goes
Crafting by design - anything goes
Color throw-down #518 - colors
Jo's scrap shack #259 - anything goes

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, so creative!! The chickens make perfect turkeys!! I would have never thought of using the flowers for feathers!! So fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherry said...

Beautiful Card,Awesome Coloring .. Thanxx For Joining Us At Jo's Scrapshack This Challenge..Good Luck ..
Sherry Lynn
DT Member