Monday, April 24, 2017

Our thoughts and prayers are with you

Monday April 24, 2017
 
I was asked to make a sympathy card by a friend.  I recently made a card for myself to give to a friend and now another friend asked if would make her one.
 I used some masking tape to block the center sentiment area and then using Paper Trey ink stamps and Simon says stamps to created the flowers, leaves and dots. I used Ranger/Altnew inks. I hope it's not to bright.. But who says sympathy cards need to be drab. I think it's bright and comforting.  I used a white gel pen on the blue flowers. I then stamped with Hero Arts the sentiment. I used Hero Arts Prayers die and cut it out 4 times and layered it. I then embossed it with Stampin Up grey powder. I embossed it about 4 times to make it thick and shinny. I added a few clear Nuvo drops.  
 
 
Challenges:
As you like it - favorite colors and why (teal, yellows and gray- like the spring happy feeling of bright colors)
Jo's scrap shack #185 - anything goes
Brown sugar #247 - use a die cut
Crafty catz #367 - anything goes/opt. number
Allsorts wk. 412- I spy "b" (blooms, black, blue, brown, bling)
Glitter 'n' sparkle #236 - anything goes
HeARTful stamping - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 278-279 - anything goes
Simon work it Wednesday - flowers
Crafting from the heart #156 - anything goes
Artistic inspirations #177 - anything goes







13 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Woow great idea made it bright n happy colors Billie..sentiment in grey i cooolll love the idea...hope it bring her/him smile...I love the flowers much...so sweet ...and adorable
Hugs
Monika

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card for a sad occassion. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Ellibelle said...

Lots of "b"-things in your creation, so beautifully done and perfect for our I spy theme this week at Allsorts. Thank you so much for joining us!

Christine said...

I am sure that your beautiful card will bring comfort at this sad time. The split image is very attractive. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful project at Jo's Scrap Shack this week.
Blessings,
Christine
DT member

brenda said...

A| beautifully stamped card Billie, thanks so much for joining in our 'I spy' theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

K M Meena Herale said...

What a beautiful card, love the sentiment.
Thank you for Joining us at Glitter'N'Sparkle and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena
Glitter'N'Sparkle DT

Jac’s Playground said...

A really beautiful card and wonderful with the sentiment panel, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Monika Reeck said...

I love PTI Stamp and you have the adorable one on this card and I made similar like your layout...did not think but we have antenna to send the idea hehehe
if you see my PTI card the flowers on you card is more big and great Billie
hugs
Monika

Mummylade said...

Wonderful sentiment! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'I Spy' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and colours so pretty! and such a difficult subject so well done
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Brenda said...

I totally agree and feel your bright colors would certainly lift my spirits. Thanks so much for joining us this week at As You Like It Challenge!