Friday, April 14, 2017

Flowers say Hello from the heart - Catch the bug /Free Friday

Friday April 14, 2017
 
Wow we are already half way through April.. Weather is getting nicer. Feb/March was the Wettest in Washington state. Over 16 inches of rain. That is more than we get in a year.. I guess we are living up to our wet weather reputation for Washington..LOL
 
It's Friday so it's Free Friday at Catch the bug..  We have another fun image.
 
 

 
This is the fun cute image called FanSBFlowers... Sunbonnet Sue image.
 
I have been seeing crafters using brushes ran across ink pads and transferred to card stock.. I don't know the name of the brushes but did see they were quite expensive.. SO cleaning out my vanity I saw a pack of unused makeup brushes.. HUM will it work?? so I tried using the blusher brush and my Ranger inks and transferred it to the card stock.. This is the background. I like the soft look it gives. I also spritzed with water and dried. I think I will try this technique again. I can't compare it to the expensive brushes, I wish I had a sample of expensive vs. make up brushes but this will work fine for me. What do you think??  now I have a lot of Bare essential powder eye make up (A LOT) since I am retired I don't wear make up any more so I have to try to figure out what crafty things I can do with it.. They are quite expensive and don't want to throw away.. Any suggestions????
 
I stamped the Hero arts sentiment then cut the card down. I took some Ranger ink and ran it down the right side of the card base. I then took some colored twine (using Ranger ink) and added it to the card stock and added this to the card base.
I colored the image with copics and cut out with a My Favorite Things circle die. I added this on foam dots to the card base. I took two flowers which are white from Pizzaz a plenty and used Ranger inks and colored them so they had some of the image flower colors. I spritzed with water to blend the colors and added a brad center.  I added some white gel pen just to the bottom of the apron. This screams spring.. Yes I love spring but love summer more..
hope you find time to pick up this free image.
 


Challenges:
My time to craft #343 - no designer paper
Inkspirational #132 - spring
Cupcake inspirations #402 - photo inspiration
Glitter 'n' sparkle #234 - spring
Come and get it - in the garden
Creatalicious challenges #112 - anything goes / opt. flowers
Use your stuff #259 - flowers
Crafting from the heart #154 - anything goes
The crazy challenge #246 - spring is coming
Crafty sentiments - flowers
Die cuttin diva's #312 - Easter/spring
Shopping our stash #298 - punches or dies
Inky chicks #81 - purple
Try it on Tuesday - add a quote
Crafting by design - girls or flowers
Penny's paper-crafty #324 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - spring color inspiration
Word art Wednesday wk. 278-279 - anything goes
Crafty catz #366 - anything goes/opt. animals
QKR stampede #239 - flowers or anything goes
Pause dream enjoy #168 - girly












19 comments:

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely card Billie. I sure love the colours you used. What a fun/cute image suitable for so many occasion.
Hugs,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT Teamie

Teresa Kline said...

an adorable card, sweet flower embellie...fabulous coloring too! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Bunny said...

Cute card, Billie. I'm impressed with the background and you using the make up brushes. I know what brushes you are talking about. I have heard they are very good. However, your card is beautiful. I don't know how long it took you to add the ink on. The other brushes are suppose to go on very smoothly. Anyway, you did a great job. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

creationsnz said...

It's a lovely soft background and a lovely spring garden card. Thanks for sharing with us at Come And Get It, CarolG

pauline said...

Lovely card very sweet ,Thanks for joining in Glitter n Sparkle ,Pauline DT x

alice k. said...

Flowers are always right - thank you for sharing it at Use Your Stuff!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Billie with great quote! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck!
Hugs, Wendy / GDT

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Billie, that little sunbonnet girl is so sweet and your coloring is great! Love the flowers you added. I love seeing you enter our challenges at QKR Stampede and I wish you good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Kim Heggins said...

Oh....she is just adorable! What a sweet card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, beautiful colouring and background. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Punches and/or dies challenge

Margik said...

A lovely card with an adorable image! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. Mar x

Janis Lewis said...

She's darling! Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
~Owner/DT Janis

Meggymay said...

It is a wonderful card and lovely quote. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this tie.
Yvonne

Rae Ann said...

Love the background you created using a makeup brush! I have a few that I may put to good use! If you discover a way to use Bare Minerals eye shadows, I would love to know! I have plenty of those lying around as well. Though I am still using them for their intended purpose too. =P

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Flowers challenge.

Monika Reeck said...

She is a cute Image and love how you coloring with pastel colors Billie
sweeet Image and love it much the added of the flower is perfecto too
another sweet flowery card Miss Billie
hugs
Monika

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and great sentiment, thanks for sharing with us at Crafty catz this week and good luck in the draw
AuntySue DT

Ellen said...

Great card, just love this image. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

cm said...

A beautiful background created with your inexpensive brushes (great idea, too...I'm all for being thrifty!). Your focal image: sheer delight! An absolutely darling card and I'm so thrilled you shared this gem in the Inkspirational Spring-themed gallery!
~carol

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional flowers” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…