Saturday, April 22, 2017

Happy mother's day

Saturday April 22, 2017
 
Hope you're having a happy weekend.
I was playing in my craft room and thought I better get some mother's day cards made..
My mother passed away 9-1/2  years ago.  It's really hard making mother's day cards. But I was thinking of her when I made this. She loved pinks and pastel colors. 
I stamped the Simon Says flowers, leaves and hearts and embossed with white embossing powder. I then used my copics to color them in. You really cant see it too well but I used a light blue copic behind the flowers to give some depth. Guess I should of used a little darker one but was afraid it would over take the flowers. I added some Nuvo drops and then colored a strip of paper with copic color used for the flowers and heat embossed the sentiment in white. I layered the card.
 

Challenges:
Artistic inspirations #177 - anything goes/opt. ribbon/lace
Cards in envy - pretty pastels
Make my Monday #44 - embossing/wet or dry (sentiment and flowers/leaves)
Shopping our stash #299 - a rose by any other name
Cards und more #182 - monochrome
Simon Wednesday - showers and or flowers
Word art Wednesday wk. 278-279 - anything goes
Simon work it Wednesday April - April showers bring May flowers
 As you like it - favorite colors and why (pink and greens - great fresh colors and happy colors together)
Starln my pocket - spring /Easter
Jo's scrap shack #185 - anything goes
Crafty catz #367 - anything goes/opt. number
Colour crazy wk. 16 - anything goes







17 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

wooow Billie I love the coloring that flower and leaves wooow
and so sweet the sentiment in pink paper...Great Mothers Day Card..
love all pink pastel on this card
hugs and happy weekend my friend
Monika

Sian said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

LittleCraftsbyLia said...

Hey there - I can only agree, such an adorable Card!
Thanks for joining us over at CardsUndMore - good luck with winning the prize or making the Top3.

Big Hugs, Elisa

Maikreations said...

Great card! Thank you for joining our "Monochrome" challenge over at the Cards und More Challenge Blog! Happy crafting, Maike

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, I also find it hard to make Mother's Day cards for the same reason. those roses are beautiful as is the design. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Rose challenge.

Mimi said...

This is beautiful, and it's special that your mom was in your thoughts as you made it-- sometimes that is peaceful and therapeutic. I do see the blue in the background and it sets those roses off brilliantly. Thanks for sharing at Shopping Our Stash this week. 💓

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card and I love the pretty pink roses! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Gayatri said...

Pretty card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Showers/Flowers challenge. Gayatri xx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day Card. Love the pearly accents. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Star Stampz. AJ DT SS

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Billie thank you for joining us over on
Crafty Catz
Dianne xx
CC DT

Lynne said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

Sue - said...

A beautiful Mother's Day card. Of course here in the UK Mother's Day has been and gone! Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday.

Kathy S said...

I love this SSS stamp set Billie - I break it out myself at this time of year. Really great use of the "pretty pastel" challenge for Cards in Envy. Thanks for joining us!

Heather said...

Very pretty! Those roses are beautiful! And I love the little cluster of pearls you scattered around. Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

crafty-stamper said...

I find it hard too for the same reason--I love the flower stamps and little pearls--Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x

Sarah said...

Pink and green is one of my favourite combinations too. Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Sarah DT

Crafting Belle said...

Beautiful card, love the colours against the white embossing. Thank you for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Colour Crazy Challenge. Hugs Lisa xxx