Saturday, April 08, 2017

Friends are like rainbows - Catch the bug Saturday challenge

Saturday April 18, 2017
 
Welcome to another challenge at Catch the bug.. The theme for this challenge is RAINING CATS AND DOGS
 
 
I don't know about you but I really had to put my thinking cap on for this theme challenge.. Raining Cats and Dogs..  what!!!! what does that mean... well I found this cute sentiment from My Favorite things so I then grabbed some rainbow colored papers and using a My Favorite Things die I cut out the little frame and windows from 5 different papers.. So you will probably see those other frames and innards in future cards... LOL... Then I went through my stash of already printed Bugaboo imagesOnce I figured it out I then went and printed them a lot smaller.. I fussy cut them out and added them on foam dots to the windows of the card. I added some hearts and stars from Simon Says die.. To me it's raining cats and dogs... What do you think??  The images are colored with copics and I added some white gel dots and the little blue window I used rain drops from the MFT stamp set and colored them with Spectrum Noir glitter brush.  I think I nailed it...

Challenges:
A gem of a challenges #191 - furry friends
Simon Monday - make a rainbow
Make my Monday # 43 - April showers
Crafty gals corner #117 - 3+layers
Penny's paper-crafty #323 - anything goes
The house that stamps built #45 - add a die cut
Crafty girls creations #35 - anything goes
As you like it - favorite card base and why - (A2 because it fits in A2 size envelopes and postage works with one stamp. It also gives me enough room to create my card and most dies fit for this size)
Sugar pea #30 - colors
Jo's scrap shack #183 - anything goes
Brown sugar #245 - anything goes
Crafty catz #365 - anything goes/opt. Easter
QKR stampede #238 - Easter / anything goes
Pause dream enjoy #167 - anything goes/opt. flowers
Colour crazy wk. 14 - anything goes
Creative craft cottage #85 - punches or dies
Word art Wednesday wk. 276-277 - anything goes
Crazy 4 challenges #380 - animals
My time to craft #343 - no designer paper
Inkspirational #132 - spring
A bit more time to craft #41 - anything goes








25 comments:

Cynthia said...

LOVE your take on this week's challenge theme, Billie! Fun colors and mix of Bugaboo images.

Jackie C said...

Love this, genius idea! Thank you for linking with us at PDE, jackie DT member

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

Cute card! We had the strangest weather here and this would be a great card to share. Thanks for playing along with Crazy 4 Challenges.

jojot said...

LOVE your critters.....this card is so vibrant and eye catching...LOVE IT

Jana Forrest said...

Wow, this is just too cute! The critters are fabulous! Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Jana ~ DT/CGCC

Lilian said...

Saw this card at SimonSays Mon Challenge...so cute!!! Very colorful! =)
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Kath Stewart said...

wow Billie...what a delightful card...this certainly made me smile...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Jean said...

Loving this card, great images and such vibrant colours.
Thanks for joining us over at PENNY'S
Jean xx

aussie aNNie said...

The coolest card with this fun images.xx ♥[aNNie]

Sian said...

I LOVE this card. It's so bright and cheerful, and your colouring is great too. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

Sherri said...

Absolutely adorable! LOVE the images and the bright, cheerful colors you went with! Totally cute!! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Janis Lewis said...

This is the cutest card ever! I was looking at that digi stamp yesterday with the dog peeking different ways. Adorable! Thanks for sharing at PDE Linky Party.
~Owner/DT Janis

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Too cute Billie! Adorable images that are beautifully colored! Love the rainbow windows, too! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Brenda DT

Heather said...

I think this is adorable!! And yes, it definitely brings to mind "raining cats and dogs". : ) Great layout and adorable images! Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built and Jo's Scrap Shack.

Glittered Paws said...

Yes I think it is raining cats and dogs - what a cute card and all the fussy cutting!!! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built.

Monika Reeck said...

Biilllieeeee
THIS IS STUNNINGGGG
love the colors
love the coloring
love the dots in white
and cuuuteee images
and lovely layout
I want to make so happy cards like this too
but I dont have DIES like you have oooohhhh damn
I love the cute cat and the dogs with heart here
if you send me this for my (belated) bday card I will be thrilled..
so so cuuutee
one of FAV card ever of you Billie
hugs
Monika

Sollan said...

Such a great card! I love the great colours. It all makes me happy. 😊
Thank you for participating over at Brown Sugar Challenge

Donna said...

This card just adorable, thanks for joining us at The House That Stamps Built. Donna DT

Alpna said...

Loooove this card. All vibrant colors and images are too good. Thanks for sharing for work on Jo's Scrap Shack.
Alpna-DT

PaperDaisies said...

What a lovely card. Love how you have showcased the sweet images. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

inkedx2 said...

What an adorable card! Love the bright colors and the fun images. Thanks for playing with us at MMM.

Robbie

cm said...

Oh my stars! How brilliant and incredibly cute your raining-cats-and-dogs card is! The images and various backgrounds: ingenious! I'd love to borrow your thinking cap; need some fresh ideas for my own designs! So glad you shared this gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol

Annette said...

Awwww, cute little cats and dogs card. The critters are so cute.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Larissa said...

Awww this is a really lovely card. I love all the images you used and the way you used them. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

cohenna said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for joining us at My Time To Craft Challenge and good luck :)