Saturday, January 13, 2018

Smile - I'm thinking of you today - Billie and Monika challenge

Saturday January 13, 2018
 
Well Monika of Creative with Monika and I are back again with another challenge between the two of us.. I got to chose the challenge this month.. for this card.. Well I love water color backgrounds and so I chose
 water color background, die sentiment with a stamped sentiment.. Nothing else. . Lets see if Monika stuck with the theme... LOL  Her cards are always awesome and I was / am trying to get her to make a card like I would.. hence the challenge. (next month I have to follow her rules..) 
I used Ranger Oxide inks as water color and smooshed and dried and smooshed more and dried and smooshed till I got what I wanted and adding some perfect pearls to the last smoosh.  I then die cut the My favorite things smile three times and layered them. I then heat embossed the gray strip with the rest of the sentiment. I used the same gray for the background behind the water color.   So this is my card.. now if you can please head over to Monika's blog and see her card.. she is 9 hours ahead of me but hers should be posted.
 
Challenges:
Love to scrap #105 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 316-317 - anything goes
Crafty creations #358 - anything goes
Creative moments #134 - anything goes/opt. new
4 crafty chicks #385 - anything goes /opt. no blues
Allsorts wk. 450 - no pattern paper
Artistic inspirations #192 - anything goes

10 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Hmmmm the effect of tat Ranger Oxide is coool on your card Billie
yes it was not easy to make watercolor background
oh ya I added the Link where I learn making the cotton candy Clouds..
I love the splatter there Billie
you are expert at making watercolor BG
and love the sentiment too
my PAPA sentiment DIES is to small so nothing I can added on the top of that sentiment so I embossed in white the sentiment right on the BG :)
Love yours too my friend
hope you like mine thanks for the difficult Challenge Billie but I did it yay..so happy ....again thanks Billie...
hugs
Monika

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The colors are gorgeous!! Love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Lynn said...

Billie, that background paper is gorgeous. Love that color!!!

Lori Turner said...

What a gorgeous card...aren't the inks fun?!! Thank you so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week - good luck!

Lori
4 Crafty Chicks DT

Mervi said...

Inspirational and beautiful colours, lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

karto_flana said...

So sunny project! The day will be georgous with it! Hugs DT Ella, Creative Moments.

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Abela Artistry said...

Just Elegant!
Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Moments!

Cuddles… Kristy
DT Member - Creative Moments
Abela Artistry - https://abelaartistry.blogspot.com.au/

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow..this is Gorgeous.. Awesome background..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

Leslie said...

Gorgeous background! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog's January "Anything Goes" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTSCB DT
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!